Best Dog Blinds

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by DH48, Apr 17, 2019.

1. DH48

DH48 New Member

What do y'all like for dog blinds, I need a new one. Looking at Aver, Mud River and Invisilab.

Thanks
    DH

2. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

I prefer the Momarsh dog blinds.

Peter S. likes this.
  3. DH48

DH48 New Member

Yeah I'm looking at the Momarsh. They have two versions, one that is a lower profile blind that also sits lower to the ground and a blind with more height for the dog but the website says it only adjusts down to 18 inches off the ground. I'd like the dog to have the taller blind but want it to sit closer to the ground for when I'm in a layout.

Which do you have?

4. Cliner

Cliner Elite Refuge Member

Pony up and buy two separate blinds. I learned that the hard way this year. Have an invisilab, which I love. Tried to use it in the field and fold the legs under it and all that but the profile was just too much. I went ahead and bought a tanglefree dog blind that was low profile for field hunting. They're both great, but they each serve their purpose.

Birdcrazy likes this.
  5. DH48

DH48 New Member

I don't really have any use for the tall one, I don't hunt a lot of marshes in Maryland. I just want the taller blind for the dog but don't want the long legs on it, I don't need them.

6. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

I use the Invisilab. I've used it flield hunting just kept the legs folded up. Taking them off is another option.

If you don't need the long legs I would go with their LP field blind. I've used the Rig em Right and Avery field blinds too and like them. Not too impressed with the Mudriver one.

7. Foxwood

Foxwood Senior Refuge Member

Same here Duck Dawg, just fold the legs down on the Invisilab for field use. And the blind part comes off easily so you have a good open platform for timber or training. Super versatile and well made.

8. Peter S.

Peter S. New Member

I am on the hunt for a dog blind myself. I have a Momarsh Final Stand now and really like it for training and flooded field/timber hunts. I am pretty set on Momarsh. The final stand is very simple and has stood up to a lot of abuse throwing in and out of the pick up and training all year round. I would suggest Momarsh for stands and blinds. I am going to pick up an Invisi-lab and fold the legs under for field and slough hunts.

9. Click

Click New Member

I have a rig em right blind that seems to work well for me for an actual field blind. For marsh stuff I'm running a webfoot kennels dog stand. I absolutely love both of em, I can strap the blind to the stand if needed but very very rarely do that. 7 years plus use on em and no problems