Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Best flyer / motion decoy

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by isu22andy, Nov 18, 2017.

1. isu22andy

isu22andy Refuge Member

Looking at adding some motion to the spread. Have a rotary built, but wondering what to use on the end of it ? Sillosock or whiterock deck boss ? Really like the foldability of the whiterock.

2. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Senior Refuge Member

I use both in my spread. From my experience with rotaries, I would recommend the Sillosock fliers. They have more wing beat than the WhiteRock fliers and weigh a little bit less; so not as much torque on the motor's gears. Throughout the spread, I prefer the WR Deck Bosses for static flyers on both conduit (using the sway-bars) and 5 ft. quarter-inch steel rods. The Sillosock flyers not on rotaries, are grouped together as "jumpers".

3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Silosocks for sure on the rotary. As mentioned above they have more "flapping" per say. The fact that the WR's can fold though sure is a nice!

4. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Sillosock flyers for us

5. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

we use several duck spinners with white rags on the decoy and a plastic plate on the black side of the wings and all hard wired try it you'll like it. we have a 30 bird rotory and we use both feather flex and silos but on most days feather flex and real wings work best and some days the off switch helps u never seem to figure these things out. p.s. WHO PUTS THE SIGNPOST IN THE SKY BECAUSE THEY ALL GO THE SAME DIRECTION

6. GOOSEMANRDK

GOOSEMANRDK Senior Refuge Member

Got sick of Tyvek based flyers that look horrible with no wind, look pretty bad in high winds, and are what everyone has in their spreads up and down the flyway and developed my own flyer for this year. Will have to wait for the spring to see how they work, but I do know that what I made won't work any worse. LOL