best kind of call

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by huntgeeseya, Feb 16, 2004.

1. huntgeeseya

huntgeeseya Senior Refuge Member

What is the best kind of goose call?

2. jcneng

jcneng Senior Refuge Member

If you can spread some corn out over a sod farm where there is a little standing open water in January that will "call" them right in!:l :D

3. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

Big River flute :sp:sp:sp
    Depends on what you are wanting, price, volume, ease of learning?? All around best call for the money...a Winglock! ;)

4. jcneng

jcneng Senior Refuge Member

Hey Gander, you might not believe this but a guy I hunted with last Saturday sounded pretty good (clucks only) and guess what he was blowing? You guessed it, a big river flute!:eek:

5. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

Yeah there are guys out there that sound really good..infact before Iceboy made the change he was GOOD! :eek: there has been tons of geese killed with them. But as long as I blew one I tried a couple times this eyar to blow one..no way!! couldn't even get it to break!!:l:l
    Check your PM's..;)

6. H2O_Tech

H2O_Tech Senior Refuge Member

My name is ******* and I was , once, a Big River FLute User. Here is my best day...

7. H2O_Tech

H2O_Tech Senior Refuge Member

...but now I am using a Buck Gardner Canada Hammer. Only problem is I can't drink beer after the hunt since I'm so tired from lugging out the bodies:D

8. meatcaller

meatcaller Senior Refuge Member

Any call that touches my lips sounds good.:D

But here are some good ones: Saunders traffic $140, any zink $100-120, delrin winglock $50, H.S. slammer plastic $15.

9. GooseDan

GooseDan Senior Refuge Member

Don't let these guys fool you. The big river is a great call and tons of geese died listening to it. A flute in the hands of a great caller is deadly just ask josh neiuller sp?. That kid can flat rock on the sean mann eastern shoreman. A good short reed is deadly as well but i recommend you try before you buy. Go into sportsmans and blow some calls, find one that is tuned easy enough to sound decent on. Grounds calls are great but beginners have a hard time blowing them because they take alot of air but just like any call they can be tuned light.
    My recommendations are

Giant Killer
    Supermag
    Traffic
    GP

All of these calls cost about 150 and sound great if you don't want to spend that much I have a canada hammer i will sell you its brand new. Send me 15 bucks and i will tune it how ever you want it.

GD

10. huntgeeseya

huntgeeseya Senior Refuge Member

where in loveland are you located? i live on the very south end of fort collins.