Best seat covers for truck

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Codyn, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Codyn

Codyn New Member

Looking to buy some custom seat covers for my Silverado. Just curious what brands people have, and how they hold up. Also would be interested in some used ones possibly depending on what you have. thanks!!

2. Boost1

Boost1 Senior Refuge Member

Marathon Super Hides! End of thread.

3. the_dude

the_dude Elite Refuge Member

I have CalTrends in my '06 Tundra. They are about 3 years old and still look pretty good. I had a brand new quart of oil set on the back seat with a loose cap. It spilled and sat on the seat for 2-3 days before I noticed it. The seat cover still has a stain but ZERO stain on the actual seat under the cover.

I looked at the Marathon's mentioned above. They look pretty sweet, but they aren't giving them away!

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Pretty much my opinion also. I put a set on my '99 Ford, when I got it. Still on there, 200,000 miles later. First thing I did when I got my new (to me) s-10 was order a set.

And, yes, dude, they aren't cheap. I read something the other day. "Pay for the best, and you only cry once."

5. COHonkers

COHonkers Refuge Member

I got the custom made Ruff Tuff ones through Cabelas. I like them a lot. They are a good fit and seem to be high quality. Like others said, they are proud of them!!!

6. sdhunter

sdhunter Elite Refuge Member

When I bought my '07 Silverado in '08, I had the dealer install leather Katzkin covers as part of the deal. They're great seat covers, looked factory installed when they were done. Today, there's a little wear from me sliding out of my seat, but other than that, they are still looking great.

7. the_dude

the_dude Elite Refuge Member

I know you said the Katzkin was part of the deal, but any idea on cost?

8. sdhunter

sdhunter Elite Refuge Member

If memory serves me right, they said it would cost them $700 installed. They sub-ed the work to a local shop. Again, this was in '09.

9. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

I just put some of these in my 2014 f-150 Screw. I opened them and thought "wow these aren't very heavy duty" but once I put them on I thought differently. Pretty much straight 600 denier cordura (or heavier) made into a seatcover. I kind of wish they had some lining in them but once they're on the fit is great and they don't move around at all.
    FYI I ended up pulling my front seats out and it went a lot faster and I think I was able to get a better fit.

10. TabCheck

TabCheck Refuge Member

I feel the same as huntinjunkie. I have the marathon's for my 2012 f150, not a huge fan. My hunting buddy has Ruff Tuff's and I like them better.