Best shell deals in the last year or 2

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by shell waster, Sep 4, 2017.

1. shell waster

shell waster Senior Refuge Member

I have pretty much decided I am only going to buy shells on sale or with rebates. The best I found was gen 1 blackcloud being sold off for the "new" stuff....15.99 a box of 3.5 inch 1.5 ounce, I like roman candles. I really haven't found any deals on the heavier stuff, I might a box or 2 on occasion with rebates but I just dread the thought of spending close to $200 for 100 shells. Hevi x looks interesting but wish a case of 3 inch was more like $250 not $350. I just don't have time to reload. What areally some deals you have snagges

2. DtSB

DtSB Senior Refuge Member

Last thanksgiving I found a little over a case of Remington Nitro Steel 3" 1 3/8 BB for $8 per box and a case of Sportsman Steel BB for $5 per box. Normally I wouldn't buy BB, but I couldn't pass up the deal. They've turned out to be a great buy.

This year I got a case of 20 ga black cloud and another of 12 ga black cloud for $3.50 per box after the rebate. Plus a case of 20 ga prairie storm Steel for $7 per box.

And finally I got a case of #4 and another of #2 Rio blue steel 3" 1 1/4oz for $9 per box.

Currently I have 90 some boxes of steel that were all bought for under $9.50 per box in the last 2 years.

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

After season every year the local walmart has all of the shotgun ammo on clearance. Boxes of Xperts, Federal blue box, Remington sportsmans and nitro steel for $5 per box. My cousin is a deprtment manager there and tells me the day it goes on sale. :grvn All 3" and 2 3/4". I haven't looked at the price of the 3.5" ammo because I haven't touched them for over 15 years.

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Any time you can buy steel waterfowl loads for less than $10 a box (of 25), grab all they have.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

$58 cases of Rem sportsman 3", $88 cases of 3" Nitro steel at walmart this summer. Lots of other loads on clearance, no idea what all I bought off the top of my head but for 3 of us was something like 8 cases.

6. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

Years ago I bought a bunch of 3" PMC BBBs for $6 a box. I don't know exactly how many I bought but I am still shooting them at geese. That would've been when I was in college and I was done in 04. They also had 2 3/4" pmc 2s for $5 and I bought everything they had. I hunt ducks a lot more so they didn't last but a few years.

When they go on sale at Walmart ask for the cash price for it all. Buddy does that and often they will take off another 10-15% from the clearance price to sell it all in one shot. But you gotta use cash no card.

7. shell waster

shell waster Senior Refuge Member

My local walmart carries only a box or two of steel, never cases.

8. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

I never pay more than $10 a box, have been shooting the Federals for years, this year I jumped on the Black clouds, under $9 a box for 12ga and 10ga were under $19 delivered to my Door.

Many years ago a Sportmart was going out of business and I got Active shells, 20 per box for $2.50 a box, I bought all they had and the shopping cart broke on the way to the truck.

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

If anyone wants to come by the house, I got 2 cases of 3" Fiocci BB's, $5 a box!!!!!

10. duckdude101

duckdude101 New Member

I regularly buy Fiocchi 3" BB thru #4 for $99.00/case with free shipping from Rogers in Liberty, MO

dux/24 7 likes this.