Best Sleeper shells

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by bandcollector, Dec 12, 2016.

1. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

I guess your kinda right , they dont stack worth a darn and aren't really a shell . my bad , but they look dang good , they also float real well an added bonus if ya need them as sleeping floaters ... Im a lot ADD , probably just saw the sleeper not shell part ... oh well good hunting to y'all

2. Traxion

Traxion Elite Refuge Member

They are all way over priced. Explain to me how a one piece shell costs more than a head and shell separately? GHG are small for sure, many are alike (Dakota, DOA, Tanglefree, etc.), and the FA's are decent but never in stock. Can't believe someone can't make one that works for a good price.

bandcollector likes this.
  3. bandcollector

bandcollector Elite Refuge Member

I agree. I used to have some old school one pc shells upright and feeder that were cheaper than two piece back in the day. Maybe it's because they don't sell as many?

4. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

I agree many are pretty spendy , and as far as the DSDs go , They are stupid expensive but worse off you can hardly get them because DSD has sold out the goose hunters , for turkey decoys and a cabelas order that must pay them a bundle of cash to forget the product and people that made them .... If you shop around , you can find good deals on decoys .. I bought most of my DSDs used , for much less than new ... about half price bought a couple at a time , so it took me a while to build a spread , I have 14 honkers , 16 with the sleepers and 12 lessors .... Don't need as many when they look real .....