Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Best storage/transport bag

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by cripple, Jan 1, 2018.

1. cripple

cripple Senior Refuge Member

Currently have whiterock bags with roughly 200 per bag and even 1 that has about 100 and seems that we keep having the bag seams and handle ripping apart I have contacted whiterock they replaced 3 bags last year and ive already had 1 of the new ones rip a handle and a corner seam with only 2 hunts into the season looking for suggestions on a better quality bag how are the deadly bags?

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

If you don't have to carry them in, the big black/yellow totes from home depot work great.

3. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

4. nicapopolis

nicapopolis Senior Refuge Member

I was just going to link the Lowe's demo bags too. I don't hunt snows a lot, but they hold up awesome for us.

Going to move shells to them this year too.

5. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I haven't used them yet but would also say take a look at those Lowe's bags that were mentioned above. I purchased two last year after snow goose season and can just tell by their sewing, they are much more durable then the White Rock bags that I have which have had a few issues with them.

Only negative of the Lowe bags are they dont have a top but one can make one pretty easily I'd image.

6. negooseman

If you read the reviews on those Lowe's bags, they say they break down sitting out in the sun/weather. Might not be an issue for spring snows though. Dive Bomb bags are really nice but won't hold a ton of decoys per bag, maybe(and I'm guessing) 15dz whiterocks.

7. nicapopolis

nicapopolis Senior Refuge Member

My decoys stay in my shop/barn so I am not sure they would be affected much by sun/weather damage. I can only image people using them to store trash for awhile outside before they take it to the dump or something.

I know how a tarp will break down over time being in weather/sun and the material seems to be the same.

8. cripple

cripple Senior Refuge Member

Some of the places I need to pack everything in but thanks guys ill take a look at them and see if i cant find a solution

9. negooseman

Maybe a 6/12 slot bag with the slots cut out?

10. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Use the lowes bags for part of my socks. Have held up, just keep them out of the sun. I use the big bean sacks to store my decoys that I get for free. Yes, they break down in sun, but last a year , so it works.