Best thing you built for waterfowling

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Kevin Burroughs, Feb 10, 2018.

1. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Lol!! Not good , not bad. Gaddy gets invites. That's his reputation. It's what Gaddy does. Sometimes he even gets invited back.

2. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

More so when the forum was in its heyday, but yes. I did a-lot of thinking on it and I’m still perplexed. I’m not very friendly. I don’t have anything to offer in return and I never pretend to. I’m not mean, but certainly not nice either. As a guest I hunt like I own the place. I can call a bit and I can shoot, but I’m also greedy and I’m usually first to pull the trigger. I wouldn’t want to hunt with me and I damn sure wouldn’t want to hunt across from me either. When I’ve asked people what compelled them to invite me the answer is usually a resounding “I truly don’t know”.

Discovery Channel may someday do a documentary on it. The unexplained is not always fascinating.

ditchbanker and candafish like this.
  3. RefugeHunter

RefugeHunter Elite Refuge Member

Mods to my Cabela's super game hauler:

1. Closet rod "T"-bar added to the front of the game hauler to allow two pullers and the bar rides at the waist so you can spare the arms and shoulders.
    2. Wooden rails to lock into the bottom of my 6 foot Otter sled/tub and they raise the sled so it is over the wheels and won't interfere with them. Tub locks in side to side and front to back so no tie-downs needed. Tilt cart up and tub slides off for launch.

4. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Elite Refuge Member

I can answer the above "why" query for myself in one word:

Decoys.

Dandy

5. dwhauss

dwhauss Senior Refuge Member

thats good introspection. I'd invite you on a hunt, but you don't like mud ducks, and your to big to fit in my scull boat.....

6. Big Daddy Gaddy

Common misconception. Anyone who’s shared a blind with me knows I am indiscriminate when it comes to killing. Some days more than others.

dwhauss likes this.
  7. fishdog

fishdog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Maybe you ran out of victims?

8. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

I think FD is right don't see any Shasta, junkyard, or high dollar club shoots lately.

9. Big Daddy Gaddy

Hunted all three this year, and headed up north next Friday for a few days. Ken White is my friend. I always get to see the Junkyard during the season for no reason other than that. Hunted with KB in the Clearwater. Hunted on a very premium draw as a guest of a forum member. Bennett had my daughter and I out. Hunted twice as a club guest the last week of the season. I’m very fortunate in that respect, just didn’t post much.

10. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member