Best Training DVD

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by gungho, Aug 19, 2017.

1. buddyb01

buddyb01 New Member

Gungho.....Your story sounds similar to mine as I also used Water Dog on previous dogs and was looking for a DVD Program to get my dog to a higher level for hunting purposes only..... I purchased Smartworks from Gun Dog Supply for $130 for a 5 DVD set probably exactly what you need for the level you desire maybe more. I am using it for my 5 1/2 month GRM . So far so good! Let me know if you have any questions.

Doc E likes this.
  2. freezeland

freezeland New Member

If you buy Lardy you would be better served with TRT vice Marking

3. EvanG

EvanG Elite Refuge Member

If you hired a pro for a single month, you'll spend well over $350 if they're decent at all. That's very little training. Total Retriever Marking is not the TRT program. It's only one portion.

The Smartwork program can be acquired in units of about $25 each as you progress. What are your specific performance goals?

EvanG

4. EvanG

EvanG Elite Refuge Member

First, consider that the lower your goals, the easier they'll be to meet. Second, I realize not everyone seems to think so, but dog training is fun! Third, we only get to hunt a portion of the year and our buddy only gets to sit around in between, unless we take that opportunity to take him training. Fourth, if we get and keep him trained he's far better equipped to do the job he lives for. (Yes, his feelings should be considered as well as ours.) And finally, As I've said many times, our dogs try to give us their best. Why not give them OUR best?

EvanG

Hogleg, Buttesmacker and Doc E like this.
  5. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I will speak from experience, as I was in a similar situation some 8 or 9 years ago. I believe I purchased a 5 or 6 dvd set from Evan. I can truthfully say that my current lab is better trained than any of my previous(5 labs). I did not use all the DVDs included in the set, but was very pleased with the results. The biggest plus with Evan, was that he was always available, either on this forum or by private message to help. In saying that, after watching & rewatching the DVDs, minimal help was needed.

Hogleg likes this.
  6. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Which cannot be said of any of the other providers of training information.

Constructeur likes this.
  7. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Which cannot be said of any of the other providers of training information.

EvanG likes this.