Best turkey ever killed?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Trashduck, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Dr.Hidegood

Dr.Hidegood Elite Refuge Member

Here's the smallest Turkey I ever shot ...12lb Jake 1" beard...my first turkey .He was an apprentice gobbler. His gobble wasn't quite developed yet like a mature bird . Kind of like an adolecent when their voice is changing from boy to man. Sure was proud of that:bn :l

2. gobbler king

gobbler king Guest

20lbs 9 1/2 inch paintbrush beard, 1 in. spurs. almost a limb hanger. A friend of mine called it in about 3/4 of a mile away. It was great hunt. :) I took him last year.

3. Spoonbilla

Spoonbilla Banned

20lb rio grand
    11 1/2" beard
    and 6 1/4" beard
    1 3/8" spurs and shot at 100 yrds with a .270.:D

4. muddyduck

muddyduck Elite Refuge Member

NOT BEST EVER, BUT BEST FROM LAST YEAR

[​IMG]

5. chessie Man JR.

chessie Man JR. Senior Refuge Member

That thing has a nice beard.:tu

6. FowlFooler

FowlFooler Refuge Member

Last year in Halifax Cty, NC. Eastern 23.5#'s 11.5" beard and 8.25" beard with 1 1/4 and1 1/8 spurs. i worked this bird from 9:00am until 11:24am when I finally convinced him to come home to "hot mama" Back and forth back and forth. He'd come towards the edge of the creek and hang up. I'd loop around to left still on my side and call, he'd come and hang again. we played this game for 2.5 hrs and finally I got'em to show his pretty white cue ball at the edge of the creek and KABOOM;) I then stuck my SBE in the water to check the depth and waded across chest deep to retrieve old swamp boss!:D

7. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Elite Refuge Member

Fowl,

You belong to a club in Halifax? I've got some friends who lease in that area.

8. FowlFooler

FowlFooler Refuge Member

Yeah, right outside of Enfield. Past Holfords Hardware.

9. code 3

code 3 Senior Refuge Member

best was a 23.5# tom with a 9 or 10" beard. 1 1/4" spurs hooked enough to hang from a limb (actually did it!)

most fun was these tow birds last spring. they flew down opening morning and landed 15 yards in front of my father. they strutted for 20 minutes before i could get drawn to let fly with the bow.(first ever spring bow kill for me) i shot the bird right above the beard at 25 yards from me. pops missed his partner (the second bird) with his shotgun. i went back the next day and shot the other one. here are some pics:

10. code 3

code 3 Senior Refuge Member

top pick was the bow kill. this pic is the two birds together again! both birds were within ounces of each other and 1/2" on the beard!