Bfg ats

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by victorlvlb, May 31, 2013.

1. DaveT

DaveT Senior Refuge Member

Yes it could have been out of alignment. Also could have been defective tires. Also what was the DOT date stamp on the tire tires will only last seven to ten years. The first set I bought had set in someone's garage for two years before I bought them they were like brand new 12/32" tread depth within a year I replaced all 4 tires the next set went 80000 miles that was on a 1991 suburban.
    Next truck was a 1997 silverado that set went 90000 miles. The truck I'm driving now is a 2000 Ford F250 with a 7.3 power stroke and have 35000 miles on current set. The tires look great. My son had a friend with a duramax I forget what year but he went through a set within 40000 miles could be the newer silverados do not like them or could be they had a bad batch of rubber. Tires are petroleum base so they will only last 7 - 10 yrs so watch the DOT dates ( that's why you see so many trailers with flat tires )

2. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

If you get that many miles out of a set. You need to contact the manufacturer and I suspect they will make you the poster boy for their tires life. The amount of miles you have gotten is way beyond the average consumers experiances and I am happy for you.

Mayes

3. victorlvlb

victorlvlb Elite Refuge Member

I got 65,000 miles, or better off my last set, they had lots of tread on them , just to many small cracks.

4. Windrider

Windrider Elite Refuge Member

BFG AT KO has to great of an on road bias for my needs. As stated, not a good tire in mud. Awesome in the sand and snow.

Goodyear Duratracs have been a good all around tire. Much more aggressive than this and you loose the snowflake rating.

If you are choosing tires for sand or sandy soil, you also don't want to go to a mud tire. They will dig in.

5. DaveT

DaveT Senior Refuge Member

Windrider I'm guessing you don't need a tire with a snowflake rating In Texas.

6. Windrider

Windrider Elite Refuge Member

Actually, I had a lease until recently in NW Texas. A mud and snow mixture during parts of hunting season for years on the lease with clay soil. The Duratracs became the optimal tire because I still had to get in an out in occasionally silly conditions. While Firestone MTs were great on the lease, it could be a scary ride getting there.

...and then the drought started. No water, no ducks. Even the hogs have become scarce. If it started raining today and rained at that lease for a solid week it wouldn't be water to even begin to catch up.

7. carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2 Senior Refuge Member

They came stock on my Raptor (35"). I had them on my previous truck for snow tires and they worked well in the snow. But as others have said, they suck in the mud. I did get a ton of highway miles out of them and they rode and wore well.

I had Toyo MT's on my last truck and other than being heavy (83# for a 35" tire) they were awesome in the mud.

YMMV.

8. lewdogg21

lewdogg21 Senior Refuge Member