Big Al's Decoys intro...

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Big AL1, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Vammy

Vammy Senior Refuge Member

I'll jump on the Big Al's band wagon....

This past Jan-Feb, my SIL and I are hunting resident Canada's maybe 500-ish birds in our area that had seen our spread of FB's in all the variants we could think of...we hunt a little traffic, and a little "X", but the birds were basically on to us. We added 2 doz Big Al's silo's to the spread and BOOM, it made a big difference. They definitely work in a mixed spread, and we've got a couple places where using an all silo spread would be best (we think).

Good product. Used them on frozen ground (well, "frozen" by OK standards lol) without an issue. We'll get more...

2. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Oh great a sale.....just what us decoy crack head addicts need!!!!! And yes I’m planning on adding 8-10dz. Any idea when you’ll be getting the silo bags in stock? Also, can you glue the H stakes in place with something like gorilla glue?

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

As to the mixing in with full bodies, the use of silos at different angles creates a very visible illusion of moving birds. If unsure, try this. Set up a couple dozen fullbodies and a dozen or more silos in the field, and have varied angles with the silos. Now drive by the decoys at 20-30 mph and observe how they "move" . I've used them with good success. The other time they work great is when you have to carry into a muddy field. The only way to go.

4. Big AL1

Big AL1 Refuge Member Sponsor

I will have bags back on my site next week. You can surely glue the former H stakes in or I have thru body stakes as well if you want that style. Thx!

5. Big AL1

Big AL1 Refuge Member Sponsor

2D decoys/ silo's have crisper edges and thus stand out more than 3D decoys from a distance. Even more noticeable in snow conditions. Mixing types can be very deadly for sure.

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Not to mention how much better they look when it is snowing.

7. noweil

noweil Elite Refuge Member

I love seeing products made in the USA. Welcome

Big AL1 likes this.
  8. bad dog

bad dog Senior Refuge Member

ordered 10 dozen today,april sale.bad dog

9. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Great looking decoys! :tu:tu

Big AL1 likes this.
  10. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Great video and USA product! I will check them out as well. To those "rich" people that can afford all full bodies, awesome. I cann't , so a couple DZ full bodies and a couple DZ Silo's is the way to go. Plus, like said above, I'd rather knock snow off of 2 Dz then 4DZ, lol.

Big AL1 likes this.