Big Al's Decoys intro...

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Big AL1, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Big AL1

Big AL1 Refuge Member Sponsor

Shoot some birds overy those with an old side by side 12...and you did something!

2. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Do the x14’s have flocked heads?

3. Big AL1

Big AL1 Refuge Member Sponsor

They do not. The product/s can be flocked however if one decides to do that. I have never seen a big advantage to flocking. I had done some for ourselves in the past. When they are just completed they almost have a glittering effect. After awhile they start holding dirt, and dust. Lastly, blowing snow sticks to them twice as fast. Just never felt that it was a game changer. Thanks.

ronaldo likes this.
  4. fiveoffour

fiveoffour New Member

Let me tell you something. Big Al is a class act. Really took care of me. Got the samples in the mail, and promptly ordered five dozen black and whites. Looking forward to putting the stakes into all of them...and then killing birds over them. Thanks Al!

Big AL1 likes this.
  5. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

Just a reminder that Big Al's April sale ends today! I've taken advantage of this twice this month...two orders each of five dozen decoys. I really like these decoys. Four dozen X14 Canada's and six dozen Specklebelly's. To reiterate, I have no ties to Big Al's other than being a customer!

6. fiveoffour

fiveoffour New Member

Yeah, that sale is pretty crazy. 250 for five dozen black and whites is crazy. God bless big Al. I don't see how real geese can keep charging those prices for long.

7. msk

msk New Member

How much more durable are your dekes now vs 8 yrs ago? I ask as I bought some and they were not durable enough for me and they had some shine in sun. I bought 10 doz RG2. I had 6 doz stolen and want to replace with at least 5 doz. Was going with a competitor as I hear raving reviews of their product. They say their "the bomb".

8. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

I’ve got 5 boxes of big al 14x’s arriving today and will get some good pics and honest review later this weekend. I don’t think the corrugated is as durable as the real geese material but at the price point and having a silo spread to experiment with and as back up I can’t justify the RG price. Plus the RG are a lot heavier and the fabric eventually fades.

One thing I like about the big als is you can gorilla glue the stake so there’s a couple inches sticking out at the top. This let’s me pull from the bags easier and when pulling the spread it goes quick

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  9. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

marshbob, you're right about the durability of corrugated decoys. They aren't as tough as RG's for example. But, they(Big Al's) are very reasonably priced and they look really good! I've got four dozen X14's and six dozen Speck's. If the neighbor comes through with permission(s) for this Fall, we'll be giving our Big Al's and some other decoys a real workout this year. Combined we've got 11 dozen Canada decoys and nine dozen Specks. All corrugated silo's. Throw in a Magic Mike flag or two and I think we're set!

10. msk

msk New Member

no doubt corrugated wont be as durable but back in 2000 i thought they scratched easily. Plus shine. I'm buying 5 doz of some corrugated silo at some point.