Big Fish Contest.............

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Fishslayer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. swing

swing Elite Refuge Member

i have a pic of a 851 blue marlin caught in maui 2 years ago (well, i guess not IN maui, but off of maui ;) ) put her in the boat in 1 hr 45 mintues...it was on TNN cause we were fishing with troy gentry from montgomery/gentry...he claimed it was his. i will see if we can get it scanned on the puter...was not a digital camera. went back last year and fished 2 days straight and got skunked!

2. sacha szymczak

sacha szymczak Elite Refuge Member

Hows about my wifes 31 pound spring!;)
    [​IMG]

3. lockedup

lockedup Refuge Member

And the winner is......................?????

4. bigducker

bigducker Elite Refuge Member

Hey sacha

nice catch, and the fish aint bad either. :l

5. muleyman

muleyman Senior Refuge Member

this fish wont win, but its a nice brown that i caught in an eastern oregon river:) [​IMG]

6. muleyman

muleyman Senior Refuge Member

little mix up:) that is one hell of a brown.lol
    heres the real one.[​IMG]

7. bigducker

Bragger,

you just wanted us to see poor Bambi....:l :D

8. bigducker

is there really a prize or are we just going for bragging rights?

9. kjrice

kjrice Elite Refuge Member

Here's a Gods Honest No-sh1tter! I was stationed in (Air Force)King Salmon, Alaska in 1992. I was fishing with 5 other guys (2 boats) and we all chipped $5 for a big fish contest. Anyhow, it was a real slow day and one of my buds reeled up in his lure and was going to take a nap. I told him keep it in and take a nap (new to fishing). He was bored and declined, so I made a deal: I put his spinner back in the water and if one hits it's mine...he agreed. 15 minutes later WHAM!" He wanted it back, but to teach him a lesson I said, "you snooze you loose!" I landed it in the boat and it was a fresh-run salmon (very silver). Not knowing much about Sockeyes at the time, I assumed it was a small King due to not looking it over very closely and its size. That was the only fish caught and I won the small kitty (beer's on me). The fish weighed 16.25 lbs and was caught on Stren Magna-Thin 17 lb line and a 8' medium action rod. A big group of us had a BBQ that evening and this fish was apart of it. A few weeks later I looked through the record book and noticed that WE JUST ATE THE WORLD RECORD SOCKEYE SALMON!!! The only pic I had was kept by an angry ex-girlfriend that refused to give me back any pics she had when I left her (long story)... I have told this story many times and most think I am BSing, but I swear on everything that is holy it is the truth. At least I had 5 witnesses (Air Force Sgts) that verified it. Oh well, no pic no prize, but I thought you would find this entertaining.

10. bigducker

I hate those women who think they have something to prove, and to prove it they keep personal Sh&% they don't need or want. I don't know how they get their rocks off doing this but they deserve bad luck. I would like to say somthing stronger than "bad luck" but Dave would not like it.