Big shooting on Las Vegas Strip...Full-Auto weapons can be heard firing.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Of course I do. And as I stated earlier in response to @slimm21 in thread #56:

Laws that prevent mental nut jobs from being allowed to have firearms would be a great start to addressing mass shootings.

We all know the law abiding gun owners follow the rules... It's the criminals & nut job cases that don't. Go after them and leave us who obey the laws alone for once.

2. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Probably as easy as the illegal drugs this guy was using that caused his mental break.

But no I don't know how easy either illegal substance is to procure.

3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

We have mass shootings, Europe has bombings… Which is worse?

Those intent on doing evil will find a way. Guns are certainly a tool for violence, but without guns, other tools (perhaps more destructive) would be found and used. Guns are the weapon of choice here, perhaps because they are more obtainable and convenient… But I would much prefer to defend myself from someone with a gun, rather than someone with a bomb…

In this case it would appear that illegal automatic weapons were a tool used to incite violence, but they were NOT the source of it. The guns used did not cause this violence, the man behind them did. As life destructive as he was, I would guess that he would have found other means if a gun was not available to him.

Having traveled to other countries that do not enjoy the freedoms we have, I deeply believe that it is of vital importance that we continue to allow our citizens to be armed… And to be allowed to be armed in such a manner that citizens could pose some degree of resistance to a corrupt or tyrannical government.

Bringing politics and gun control into this situation only succeeds in diverting us from where our attention should be… Why, and how did this happen, and what could be done to prevent such in the future?

Thoughts and prayers to victims & family, and to the country.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  4. slimm21

slimm21 Elite Refuge Member

You don't want this guy to be in the NRA or a white supremacist. Your words. Why is that?

Just own it.

I personally don't care who the guy is only that he is a dead POS.

And yes you love to make snide comments and dish but you can't take it.

wispete and Greenhedges like this.
  5. Greenhedges

Greenhedges Elite Refuge Member

6. slimm21

Our govt has tanks and nukes; should you have them too so you can defend yourself from the govt?

Again I just don't buy that event like last night are inevitable so we just have to put up with them.

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

A resistant public force in the U.S. would be tough to fight with nukes, and even tanks... I would hope that with true government corruption that there would be some degree of resistance within the military... But that is a topic I hope we never have to face, and certainly a discussion for a different thread.

And... I do not believe anyone is suggesting sitting on our hands. But I would address the issues of why and how this happened? What were his motivations? Was there mental illness? What can we learn from this, and what can we do to prevent such violence or address people with violent tendencies in the future?

Turning this into a political argument as to gun control accomplishes nothing, and actually diminishes our ability to deal with the underlying issues at hand...

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Slimm21, why are you are willing to drop yourants and grease up and then demand others do the same.

This is a tragic event, deranged mentally weak individual. Taking rights from me because of him is nonsense period.

Your thinking equates to taking cars away because some drive drunk. Take forks and spoons from those who are fat. No amount of laws as we saw just last weekend in Canada or in Europe.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  9. slimm21

That's fair, and worthy of discussion. I think it is also fair to wonder why AR style guns with large capacity devices are so often used in mass shootings.
    I don't think solving the problem is an either/or.

10. slimm21

Why can't I have a tank? I'm responsible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.