Big shooting on Las Vegas Strip...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by ALMODUX, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Since the other thread was closed. Reports out today was that the shooter had a bump fire setup on the rifles. Making them still a single fire per trigger pull just increased the speed of fire. NO FULL AUTOS !

I am sure that some will want them banned as well! I don't like using one and have shot this set up. Takes away from accuracy in my experience so not anything I want but others may!

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Seems to do a bang-up job on a crowd from 300 yards.

3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

We wont know but all the reports I have heard was it was more of a spray the crowd shooting and with a lot of people sheltering in place on the ground gave plenty of opportunity to be hit.

4. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Indeed there is always that first shovel full.

5. API

All things considered, I'd doubt that any specific individuals were targeted. Whatever heartburn the shooter had, his personal target was something other than those shot. Will we ever know what his rational was...

Squaller likes this.
  6. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I would not have believed the bump-fire stock scenario...I didn't think the bump fire stocks were capable of that rate.

Probably on their way out now....lawsuits to follow shortly...

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I think you remember incorrectly...

I am guessing that anyone who spent 2 minutes with this kid, knew something was amiss... Long before the shooting started.

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Motivation... The burning question behind something like this...

At least in the school shootings there was some underlying cause that could give indications for future events (i.e. school shootings and bullying, obvious mental illness, etc.)

Maybe the wiring in his head shorted, and he just wanted to see how many people he could kill? Maybe some personal event or loss simply made him snap? Maybe the authorities do have some clue, but feel it is not in the publics best interest to know?

Personally, the most concerning issue of this shooting for me (outside of the loss of life) is why the F*** did he do this? It scares the crap out of me, that something like this could happen with no plausible reason....

9. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

He hit ~500 in a tight crowd of ~20,000 people. He shot for a long time 10-72 minutes depending upon reports.

We can talk specifics, but I think that would be inappropriate, on how he is nothing but a wild madman and could have killed many more had be been anything but a madman.

I'm curious how hard the pharm and pot lobbies are working to suppress the toxicology report.....

pintail2222 likes this.
  10. API

At least predators have a purpose, its the crazy ones doing random stuff that's so maddening. Imagine thinking that applying standards, making laws, and crafting rules will control crazy.