Big shooting on Las Vegas Strip...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by ALMODUX, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I watched the video... Tight crowd with an extended time of non-stop gunfire... I was amazed more people were not killed. I would guess thousands of rounds spent, and a very low percentage of connections with those bullets.

Watching the videos was somewhat horrifying, but seeing people try and help each other, and the degree of calm that some showed was also amazing. But hearing that continuous gunfire into a tight crowded area, I was really amazed he did not inflict more damage...

And this was a guy who had some degree of experience with weapons, and was a known hunter... Maybe something inside him did not want to kill so many people? Cause it seems to me, that the toll should have been a lot higher.

Part of me is glad he is dead, but part of me, wishes he could have been apprehended... And questioned... Something snapped, and I believe it would have been beneficial to the health of society to find out what.

2. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Keep in mind how many others were injured. Of course the focus is on how many killed, but it inappropriate to not also recognize the large number injured.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Not disagreeing. You said that setup doesn't give you accuracy. Alls I said was it seemed to do well enough, given the circumstances. I think maybe you and @H20DAD read a little too deep into my passing comment.

4. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

I get what you where saying, from personal experience, buddy has it on his Rock River 5.56 and at 200 yards I can make 5 or more rounds touch on target out of 10. I could put all 10 on target but the groupings went out the window on a 3ft square target. Drop that down to 18 in square and about half if I remember correctly would have impacted the target.

That does not diminish any of the injuries or those hurt trying to flee or that where hurt attempting to help. I am at a loss in trying to understand the mindset of someone that would be willing to do such a thing especially to anonymous victims.

5. stevena198301

Trying to understand stupid is an exercise in futility.

widgeon likes this.
  6. stevena198301

It would be. The wife and I did last night. Tactically, it was well thought out. As terrible as it sounds, LV was lucky it was only one gunman using .223s (as of now, I haven't heard of any other calibers used). They shoulda resuscitated him, just so they could kill him again.

7. stevena198301

Next question: What could the venue have done better? I noticed that when/after the shooting started, at no point, did anyone try and cut the lights from the stage, which essentially lit up the entire crowd. In this situation, it may not have helped (you can spray in to the dark just like you can with light), but I believe venues need to really address the "durings" and the "afters" somewhat. That isn't meant to point blame. It's more meant to get out awareness.

8. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Vegas is light up like a Christmas tree. I thought I saw the stage lights go dark after Jason Aldean ran off the stage... But appears that other lights are shining. From the Strip that the venue is right next too - as well as some huge light up screen advertising Mandalay Bay.

9. stevena198301

As I said, in this situation, it may not have helped. We now need to focus on the next one, because it will come. It always does.

10. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

I understand you point , my curiosity is how many of the 500 injured were injured by bullets and how many were injured in the "stampede"..... from a practical sense, doesn't really make a difference, just curious of the breakdown.... I haven't read it anywhere, maybe I missed it

Squaller likes this.