Big Sur Mud Run 2010- I finished it! :)

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by cowgirlnca, Mar 27, 2010.

1. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

I've been pretty focused these past few months on exercising due to quitting smoking, I've allowed myself to pack on a few too many pounds.. well I'm still working on that but decided to set a goal and signed up for the mud run.

What a hoot. There is a mile run to the first mud pit with three pony walls to hop over. Then it seems like 3 miles up and down some hills, all sand to the next mud pit where there's a nice five foot wall to go over first, then you come down to the mud, get out of that and had to do push ups. There was a balance beam to run before the mud pit too. Then maybe another 1/4 mile or so and there was a beer break. **** that's my kind of run! :) Finished up w/ another couple of miles, one more 5 ft wall, more push ups and one final mud pit that was a belly crawl.

Very fun! I will be doing thisn one again, hope to improve my time of course :)

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

2. jhegg

jhegg Senior Refuge Member

Holy smokes Cowgirl! You need to come up here to ND and help me lug snow goose decoys into and out of our solid mud fields.
    Jim

3. cowgirlnca

Done, I'll be there, when do you need me?

I'm actually heading that way I think in May... seems I'm never there during the seasons that I'd like to be there in.. lol

4. jhegg

The Fargo marathon is in May. Are you going to run in it?
    Jim

5. cowgirlnca

Thanks for the 411 Jim. I put my feelers out to my ND family to see if I could get one of them to run w/ me. I wouldn't do the marathon, but the 5k Friday night and the 10K on Saturday would be right about my pace.

6. jhegg

I'll walk the 5k with you:nutz

7. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

CONGRATULATIONS:bow ... getting off smokes is tough & exercise is a great tool to help with it

8. cowgirlnca

Really? Are you serious?

I put it on my Facebook page to see if my ND family would bite, so far, my 60 yr old aunt said she'd come watch. She has a motor home, so maybe they can bring that down and we could camp somewhere. I have two cousins that have motor homes too but their wives just said they would suggest I book a hotel now that they know people that can't get rooms already. Guess that means they don't want to do it with me? LOL My cousin's wife says ther boss has an extra room.. maybe I should take it.. we'll see.. I have to work out the logistics first, would be nice if it was in Minot.

9. cowgirlnca

Thank you. Exercise is an excellent tool. Its really addicitve for me. I am always looking foward to 3:30 so I can get home, do my chores and then go running. I really enjoy it. Who knew? LMAO

10. jhegg

Val,
    Of course - I'll walk either the 5k or the 10 k or both. Let me know how many people you will bring. Sandra and I could put up 3-4 for a few days.
    Jim