Big water boat w/ Mud Motor

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Ryan Tucker, Feb 11, 2007.

1. T-mac

T-mac Elite Refuge Member

My outdrive was very recently replced by MB on their dime...out of warranty

I had to pay for the gates pulleys...only because I would have had to wait a couple weeks to get the herringbones in and a threaded shaft...it was the last weekend of season so I bit on the gates. I will say despite the breakage on my motor they have always come through with the fix. My only complaint was with my BPS muffler that when I sent in the "2-3" day turnaround was actually 19-20....other than that they've been as good as the rest...got a good dealer in the state that's always been there for my BS questions (thank you Leaky again):tu...even though he's 2-1/2 hours away:cool:

2. Kevin Hall

Kevin Hall Senior Refuge Member

I've got an 1854 Excel with a 36 hp ProDrive. I get almost 28 mph (27.7) empty (basic safety gear + 1 person). I still run ~24mph loaded ... 2 guys, dog, camo/blind, 150 decoys, guns, etc.

Shorttails do NOT like hard bottoms ... especially sand. You can grind a prop down to the "unusable" point in a matter of minutes.

3. Kevin Hall

Kevin Hall Senior Refuge Member

Agreed. If the motor has been properly tested before being released ... then there will be very few "bugs".

Maybe they should fix the current problems before going on to something new ... and calling it an "upgrade".

Probably because the owner of Mudbuddy, Glenn Foreman, is a master at marketing. Of course, MB might get more complaints because things break more often ... ;) I've never heard of ANY MM company not fixing something while the motor was under warranty ... & I've personally seen a few iinstances where things were fixed after the warranty had expired. Sometimes ... for stupid stuff. The boat falling off the trailer was already mentioned ...

4. Auto

Auto Banned

Ahhh, the ol TOM claims, Glenn is a Marketing Machine, wah, wah, sob, sob. Jesus de Christo do you have anything else to do? :no

You know who you see ******ing about MB? People who own other brands. Why? Couldn't tell you.

Seems like more break, could stand to reason, since they sell more. Damn, who would of thunk of that correlation.:rolleyes:

It's almost like a poor Lexus owner trying to convince themselves, that the car they bought is better than a BMW:yes

STCU, be happy with your motor and boat, and do whatever your brokedick *** does when it's not duck season.:tu

5. wal1809

wal1809 Elite Refuge Member

Well Hello Clutch fan. All I have to say is Duhhhhhh!!!! There is no secret that I own a Mud Buddy and have had great customer service. I call with a problem and they fix it. I also talk to Rick and he seems to be a really genuine good dude. I have decided to buy another Mud Buddy from him in the next engine size up. That does not mean there are other mud motors out there that can perform just as good or better. There are so many different factors for each application you can't choose a "One does it all motor".

Clutchfan you get the prize of the refuge forums for missing my entire point about the 250 posts on here, the old Ford and Chevrolet argument. It is pointless and everybody knows why so no need to explain my point to everyone else. Before you go spinning posts on here it is wise to read and sit back and understand a post from several different views. If you slow down a little bit and let it sink in before you just blast a reply you may not make stupid mistakes. You keep firing off like that people are going to think your from New York or something.

6. wob

wob Senior Refuge Member

You just completely lost all credibility.

[​IMG]

7. Auto

Auto Banned

hear it everyday, it's ok, stop the insanity, there is nothing wrong with a Camry:l :yes

8. leaky wader

leaky wader Elite Refuge Member

see'n the outdoors thru the eyes of my girl
    Troy, glad I was able to get ya up and going to finish out the season. Hope all is well with your son.:)

Wayne, you just say the word and I'll get 'er done:tu

Preciate the kind words fellers. Pleasure is all on this side of the table:tu

9. Turtle

Turtle Elite Refuge Member

Wayne, now that you are getting a new motor does that mean I will not have to wait on you all the time now.......:dv :dv :dv :dv :dv

Just playing with ya. Had a blast fishing and running around all day yesterday :tu.

10. Markstanco

Markstanco Elite Refuge Member

:clap :clap