Bigfoot decoy feet not staying on

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by fowlwhacker, Apr 6, 2017.

1. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I bought another dozen bigfoot fully body decoys this past winter. The local place that had them stored them in a container. I warmed the decoys up before putting the heads on and feet and legs knowing the heads are hard to put on cold and tend to split at the seams. Normally the legs go in with no problem and rarely come out once assembled. The legs on the new ones I purchased will not stay in when grabbed by the legs.

Never had a problem with the others I have. the only time a foot would come out if there was a pile of them and someone went to grab one that may of gotten tangled but this was very rare to ever have a foot come off once installed as I never took the feet or heads off since initially assembling.

I wondered if the body would swell up some when it got warm and mold around the legs. Recently unloaded a trailer full this past weekend and everyone of the new ones I bought this past winter had the feet come up when picking them up by the feet.

Anyone else have any issues with feet not staying the body with new bigfoots?

Called bigfoot to inquire with them and waiting to hear back. going to be a deal breaker if you can no longer grab them by the feet and may force me to finally upgrade.

2. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Good luck with customer service. I quit using their products years ago after many emails and calls went un-responded to.

3. Dog guy

Dog guy Senior Refuge Member

I use black drywall screws and screw both the feet and the head on my BF's. They get chucked both out of and into the trailer.

4. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Yup the old standard of drywall screws has worked great.

5. Patodor

Patodor Refuge Member

I only wish that worked for the Avery pro-grade duck floaters. One in every half dozen of those heads is impossible to keep on without Frankenstein bolts. Then your're risking leaks.

6. Jjm

Jjm New Member

I use drywall screws also to hold the heads and feet on, but I also have a dozen I intentionally left the feet off specifically for later in the season.

7. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

^^^^^what he said!

8. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Yes, I know you could use drywall screws or some adhesive, but I have never had this issue previously with only a rare occasional foot come lose due to getting tangled up. Now all 12 of the last ones won't stay on at all and fall off the second you pick them up by their feet. Called bigfoot the middle of last week and was told I would get a call back from someone who could shine some light on the issue. Will be the last new ones I buy. I always liked big foot for their durability versus their realism. Never had any paint peeling or any significant issues other than some of the newer Chinese made heads splitting screwing them on.

9. Fozzbear

Fozzbear Senior Refuge Member

Rather than screwing anything on unless you think there may be a need to someday remove the heads and feet use some 3M 4200 or 5200 marine adhesive caulk. That stuff will never let go!

10. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

My newest big foot full body is vintage 2000 and I haven't had any issues with them. I replaced the heads with flocked heads about ten years ago. I never leave the heads nor the legs on them. I take them apart after every hunt and I still have to step on the feet and pull up with two hands to take the feet off.

Definitely something is wrong.