Decoy Forum Sponsors

Bigfoot Floater Head

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Dec 18, 2017.

1. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I bought some bigfoot floater replacement heads for some old bigfoot floaters I found at a pond I hunt. The pair of decoys had been sitting in some rushes for 10 years since I've been hunting it, but didn't have any heads. I finally decided to check and see if they float and they did so I took them home. These are the older decoys that say "Decoys Unlimited Div. of Clinton Decoy. 2000" on one side of the keel and "Big Foot Decoys Clinton, IA" on the other side. I cannot for the life of me get these heads onto the decoy. I couldn't think of any other reason other than the style of the head where you put it onto the decoy changed from back then? Any help for a fool like me who can't put a head onto a decoy?

2. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

This is going to be a dumb question but did you call bigfoot? I would assume someone there could probably tell you about when the decoy was made and get you the right head.

3. nebgoosehunter

No not a dumb question. I asked them before I purchased them if they would fit the old decoys and they said they would. I was about ready to purchase them from the website and they wanted almost 17 bucks for shipping for two, five dollar heads. I was able to get shipping from Pressley's Outdoors for only seven bucks. Probably kinda low of me after I asked them if they would fit but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for shipping. I was going to wait to contact Bigfoot again hoping I could get an answer here.

4. 30# MERGANSER

30# MERGANSER Senior Refuge Member

try running hot tap water onto the base of the head then lube with dawn dishsoap should screw right on

nebgoosehunter likes this.
  5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

yep. Can also let the head sit it the warm sun for a bit too.

6. nebgoosehunter

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try after work and see if it helps.

7. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

@nebgoosehunter , your decision wasn't "low". You bought their product from one of their retailers, a retailer that is a family owned business.

nebgoosehunter likes this.
  8. nebgoosehunter

Well I just felt bad because I told them through email that I would probably be ordering some soon. But I'm glad to support a family owned business.

9. nebgoosehunter

Ok I tried the hot water and soap as some lube and it is still being a bear for me. On the decoy, the male end (if you wanna call it that) has a small thread and a larger thread on the bottom. I can barely get it over the small thread and there is no way I can get it over the large thread. I'm almost to the point of just screwing the head to the decoy with some sheetrock screws and sealing it up and hoping it works. I'll also get ahold of Bigfoot again tomorrow and see what they say.

10. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

We used hair dryers to soften the plastic. Some are a real pain, others went on with ease.