Bigfoot Floater Head

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Patodor

Patodor Refuge Member

I tried this on the original GHG pro-grade mallards. Never held like I'd hoped. The last of of the heads popped off just this past week. I was trying to keep it "clean" by setting the screw into the middle and threading the head on, though. I imagine toe-nailing a few in from the outside would do the trick. Not pretty, but should hold.

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Some of the Bigfoot heads will test your manhood and patience getting them on.

3. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I talked to someone from Bigfoot on the phone today and he said to try warming the head up with a torch or even in the microwave and to also try trimming it with a knife. I'll give her another try tonight but you are right negooseman, it was testing my patience.

4. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

Trimming them down really helped. Went right on after that. One of the heads got a little cracked at the base from the first time trying to put them on so it's not super tight but good enough. Thanks guys!

5. yogibear

yogibear Senior Refuge Member

I have also used a utility knife and shaved alittle of the plastic off the new head opening, and it slipped on ok. Please note I shaved it very fine, don't take too much off.

6. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I never attempt to reinstall big foot heads in cold weather any longer. New heads made in China tend to split easily and need to be lightly trimmed. I also lube decoy head thread with some dawn dishwashing soap and they are still a pain in the but. The only big foot decoy that has gone on easy is the upright field decoyys with the slotted heads.