Biggest bass

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Bull Pinner, Dec 24, 2006.

1. BigT34

BigT34 Senior Refuge Member

I understand that 10 lbrs are common down south, that is why all of us from the north would like to take a trip down there, but this thread was turning out like the "16 lb goose contest" thread. There were more huge geese shot that definately weighed more that 16 and even 18 lbs, but for some reason no one thought to take a picture. I would love to catch a 10+ lb largemouth. The biggest I have ever caught was probably just over 5.

2. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Just a hair over 6 pounds is my biggest largemouth.

3. cococreek

cococreek Senior Refuge Member

10 lber's happen pretty regularly around here, I have never caught one, had them on the hook more than once, my biggest is 9lb , but know several who have up to 14lbs. The next month or so we will see or hear about them biggun's getting caught.

4. gooseflock

gooseflock Senior Refuge Member

largey - 6lb 10 oz

smalley - 4lbs 5 oz

5. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

I don't bass fish anymore, but when younger (about 23 years ago) I caught a 7 lber in a farm pond. I still have the rubber frog that I caught him on.

Nowadays it's panfish, cat's, white bass, stripers and their hybrids. Gonna try to target some bronze backs this year though.

6. gbrownlee

gbrownlee Senior Refuge Member

Heres a pic of a 10 pounder for ya!! caught this giant today after class in one of my ponds. didnt have a camera but did have the camera phone and snapped this pic. I prob. should have thrown her back bc it was one of my farm ponds but i was so excited that i couldnt help myself. Shes going on the wall. She was a tad over 23 inchs long, 17 inches in girth, and weighed a little over 10 pounds about an hour after she had been out of the water( I heard they lose weight the longer they are out but i doubt she lost that much if any in that time)
    Oh and this is not the biggest to come out of this pond( Its about 1.5 acres)
    [​IMG]

7. Travis Schneider

Travis Schneider Elite Refuge Member

My personal best bass is 9.2 pounds.

I've caught several in the 5-7 range. Still looking for that 10 pounder so i can put her on the wall.

8. Wingmaster

Wingmaster Elite Refuge Member

Just shy of 10, caught in one of the San Diego lakes on a shiner.

9. GspDuckdogsMN

GspDuckdogsMN Senior Refuge Member

I caught a largemouth here in MN about 10 years ago that went a bit over 7 lbs. I also caught a 20'' smallmouth this year that must of went 5+.

10. Too Tall Tomtl

Too Tall Tomtl Senior Refuge Member

9lb. 2oz. caught on a plow jocky in a farm pond in Central California.:tu