Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Bird Declaration

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by zoops, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

You got that right. I 'finished', and handed it to him and asked if it was right. He looked (I remember my days checking paperwork for the rookies as a Sgt) and handed it back. "Nope."
    Funny, his attitude changed when I mentioned this was like checking paperwork for the Rookies back on the force. He asked where I was a cop, and I told him Vegas. After that, a few minutes later, he came out hand helped me and my buddy finish.

I just checked the form, didn't see that, and didn't remember that. Could be on a different form. But, yea, stupid question.

2. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

The proper procedure is to list your snow geese and ross geese separately.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Oh, I agree. I never thought to look for a Ross. Like I said, not much of a snow hunter. Never chased them on purpose. We had out a doz socks and 3 fliers, but I own them just for that purpose, in case snow are in the area, and landing with dark geese.

4. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

I know they asked for pounds because my old man and his buddy crossed separate from us and were commenting on the same thing about the question. I looked at the form you posted and noticed it asked units. Maybe a providence thing? I crossed in Manitoba.

5. Native NV Ducker

(Not arguing....)

It is a US Customs thing, so, Manitoba vs Saskatchewan shouldn't matter, but I don't 'know' that.

We were told 'units' was the # of birds.

6. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

Where listing species separately would really really matter is in the spring up there. Pretty sure u can't kill Ross geese in the spring, only snows

7. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

That is no longer in effect you can kill Ross in the spring now. Spring of 2015 it changed

8. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

Good. What a ridiculous rule in the first place

DaPutts likes this.
  9. jcneng

jcneng Senior Refuge Member

We were told to declare our Hungarian partridge on that waterfowl form!

10. Native NV Ducker

Title at the top of the form:
    U.S. FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE DECLARATION FOR IMPORTATION OR EXPORTATION OF FISH OR WILDLIFE

Says nothing in the title about waterfowl.

API likes this.