Biscut or ultra rest?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Petterson, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Petterson

Petterson Senior Refuge Member

I’ve got a question for you bow guys, I am fairly new to the sport and as I am practicing, I notice sometimes my arrow seems to come off “sideways” off the release but then straightens out. I have been told it is due to the whisker biscuit (I have a Cabela’s Instigator with the original whisker biscuit). My buddy uses a ultra-rest and said that would solve the problem, can I get some insight from you guys on what rest is best around $50-$80 that will allow my arrow to fly straight off the release? Any insight on using the bow as well would help as well. Thank you in advance.

2. quackaholic

quackaholic Senior Refuge Member

This, I usually don't do, giving advice on equipping yourself for hunting. However, I will give you this... Vaportrail Limbdriver. Pro V. It is he best rest I have ever used. And I have been around since the flipper rest was the best. You won't regret it.

3. Petterson

what does something like that run?
    is it quiet?

4. quackaholic

It is in the price range of most drop away rests. I think $119.00 is about the going price. It is quiet and hooks to your limb rather than cables and makes for easier setup. Top notch in my book. And like I said, I have tried alot.

5. chesapeake honker

chesapeake honker Elite Refuge Member

i have been using a biscuit for 14 years and killed tons of deer....

6. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I use the QAD Ultra-Rest HDX arrow rest. I don't think you can go wrong with it or that Vaportrail Limbdriver Pro V.

There are many who successfully use the Whisker Biscuit, but I've also heard complaints like yours. I opted to eliminate that extra 'parts wear factor' of needing to make sure you replaced the biscuit, etc, although I'm not sure how much of an issue it is for the average user.

7. quackaholic

I have used the biscuit. Great rest for hunting. It does wear especially with carbon. But for durability and tunability, the limb driver is the way to go. It always drops fast enough. Because the limb movement pulls it out of the way.

8. Petterson

Thanks for the input guys, truly appreciated.
    Any insight on why my arrow may be coming off “sideways” at the release other than the whisker biscuit? Could the biscuit be the sole cause/cause at all of this happening?

9. quackaholic

Tuning issue. Move rest left or right. Contact with the biscuit will always be difficult. But it can be done. Paper running works best to achieve best flight.

10. Petterson

This may sound pretty "green" but what is paper running?