Biscut or ultra rest?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Petterson, Oct 19, 2015.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

He means "paper TUNING". It shows you whether your arrow flight path is true or not and gives you clues as to what you need to do to correct it based on the shape of the holes in the paper you shoot an arrow through.

2. Petterson

Petterson Senior Refuge Member

Just shoot and arrow through a plain piece of paper? Distance? any insight on how to do it correctly? I am semi new to the whole bow game and looking forward to chasing deer with it this next season, a knee surgery put me out for this season.

3. quackaholic

quackaholic Senior Refuge Member

You need to get to a pro shop for some help. Internet advice can only go so far. There are good articles on paper tuning, which have diagrams to show you how to move the rest by looking at the paper tear. Which most people I know do at about six to eight feet.

4. BAWANA

BAWANA Senior Refuge Member

Think he ment paper tune. Out correct turns the ing into running:)

5. GA_LAB

GA_LAB Elite Refuge Member

Take the bow to a shop and paper tune it. That makes sure the rest is aligned with the string. You can still be accurate even though they are not properly aligned, but you lose speed and energy with a side winding arrow. I too use a QAD fall away rest. I am a speed freak, the thought of using a biscuit( creates miniscule drag on arrow) is enough for me not to want one.

6. Petterson

Petterson Senior Refuge Member

Thank you for the insight and info everyone, I heard enough positive things about the QAD fall away rest to where I ordered one and got it in the mail yesterday, headed to Cabelas today to get it installed.
    Again, I appericate the help/info and direction. I know these are minor details but the minor details in my mind are what cause the most harm to a bad arrow in flight, and I don't want to second guess a miss due to a biscuit: I want to KNOW it was me that missed not my equipment.

WoodieSC likes this.