Bitcoin

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by buck_master_2001, May 19, 2017.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Isn’t all market stuff pretty much that anyway? That’s what my buddy does with it. He makes pretty decent on it. He doesn’t drive a jaguar like @pintail2222, but he has a raptor and an f250. :nutz

pintail2222 likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Not really, the stocks and securities in a retirement account represent shares in actual, physical companies and such, and the NYSE has been established for about 200 years. You really gonna equate Bitcoin to blue chip stocks? C'mon man. And, you glossed over the fact that the SEC regulates everything found in a typical retirement account, whereas cryptocurrencies are not regulated at all.

There's really nothing left to say, you may have the last word on this subject. If you have money invested in Bitcoin, I truly wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Good day, sir.

letmwurk likes this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Personally I'd rather go drop 10k on black and take my 47% chance of doubling up, but that's just me.

4. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

It's gambling if I do the investing cuz I don't know bupkis.

If the reason for the investment in bitcoin is because I think it is gonna go higher but that is based on feelings I'm prolly gonna get burned.

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Right there with ya. I try a little, but it rarely succeeds. When it does, I mess it up. I made a bit off oil, but then lost most all of it I made. Took my ball and went home.

6. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

You have a legal claim on the assets and future earnings of that business. If the future earnings decline or don't grow as fast as expected it is likely that you will lose money. The value of a stock is simply the present value of all future cash flows of the business. If the stock you owned went down by 50% you likely did a poor job researching, understanding, and valuing the business. If a stock you own declines in value by half and you have done good research, you should want to buy more not sell. You have to know what you own, why you own it, and what you expect the future results to be or else you have no business investing in single stocks.

7. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

Just a little blip on the one day candles. Hahaha

Screenshot_4.png

8. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I’ve stated a few times now that Bitcoin is not a stock.

My point is that until a gain is realized - be it in stocks, bonds, ETFs, options, futures and/or currency - a position is just numbers and percents on the monitor until it is closed and the gain is realized.

Like it or not Bitcion has value. Their is a market for it - a volatile and speculative market - but a market none the less.

9. pintail2222

I agree 100%. Add to that the suckers who pay absorbanent fees and percentages to “money managers” who over 50% of can’t even outperform the Spoo.

10. pintail2222

Whipsaw!