Bitcoin

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by buck_master_2001, May 19, 2017.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

This should clear up all the questions....

2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Sounds about as dumb as the internet was at first. I still remember asking a student what good the internet is. He said I can read books in a London library. I was like wow how dumb is that no way am I investing in something that won't affect me. I can not wait to look back on this thread in future years.

Kinda like how dumb those first cell phones were.

Great Video NV!

3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Considering virtually every person in the US had a landline and made phone calls every day, not sure I would compare cell phones to bitcoin. I will admit the whole bitcoin thing seems foreign to me, and frankly that does not bother me. What could a person owning bitcoin buy today, and how, and where, would they do it?

5. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

With Bitcoin I bought peace of mind that if/when the USD crashes under horrific monetary policies and massive debt I will be hedged.

(Overstock.com, Newegg.com, Expedia.com and Microsoft to name a few accept payment in BTC if that is what you were asking)

6. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Well I view it like this, Does a larger percentage of people use a phone, or does a larger percentage spend money?

I'm just guessing but I think crypto currency will be the wave of the future including some type of government back currency.

I watched my all my kids get paid in bitcoin and watched them turn it into cash. I have seen Starbucks taking it as payment.

I closed on a real estate deal last month and requested to be paid in Bitcoin (all serious), but knew it would not happen in today's world but wanted to the closing company know I am fine getting paid that way.

There will bumps and brusies along the way as a investor in bit coin. My next truck license plate may say BIT-TRUK

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'd say you gotta buy the truck in Bitcoin to use that plate. ;)

8. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

The US dollar is backed up primarily by three things: power to tax, ~$43 Trillion in assets (the land/minerals, etc. owned by Uncle Sam) and the world's strongest military apparatus. What does Bitcoin have backing it up? Appears the main drivers of it's value are transactional volume and investor speculation. With the bad guys going with other cryptocurrencies (lately), we've already seen the effects of how that can affect pricing. Tiptoe through the tulips looking for chinchillas? ;)

sluser likes this.
  9. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

1- taxation is theft
    2- http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    3-
    [​IMG]

10. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

So your BC investment is recession and market down turn proof:rolleyes:. Again, what can I go buy tomorrow? Can I go buy a new truck, or maybe pay my trainer. How about that new bass boat I have my eye on, or even that sweet new rod I don't need? I want and a new Benelli. Will the gun shop take a BC? Sounds like Amway cubed.

JP likes this.