Black ducks for Pintails!

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Mr.Bones, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

pintails are like a plague where i hunt and we are always having to pick through the flocks of pins for the other ducks to fill our limits. i always get a kick out of guys askin where to get them, i probably shot close to 100 this season with 20 or more that were worthy of hangin on a wall. if you get a chance def go to the west coast for them, the numbers will amaze you. :tu

2. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Tough plague to have!! I laugh because we here in the New England area face the same with Blackducks!!! After you shoot your first one of the day - you sit and watch one after another tease you as you have to take a second look to be sure its not a hen suzie!!
    Bones:l

3. GunNRun

GunNRun Senior Refuge Member

I wouldn't count on the curtain blind thing with 100% assurance. The weather dictates that hunt.

4. Call'em N

Call'em N Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

I know a guy, who knows this guy that could get your so and you a Pintail...especially just before Christmas. He also could provide transportation to and from airport, shells, housing, food, etc. Just no Delivery Pizza...Also would treat you (not your son) to a dinner at Red Robin.
    This guy has pretty good success with his friends or visitors shooting bands and wall hanger Pins....another cool hunt would be to get your son onto a youth hunt.....
    I also heard that this guy has a connection to some sick arse camo. He also LOVES to shoot Black Ducks and Heavies...

Let me know....

5. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

If you make it out here to hunt with the crazy guy in Oregon, make sure and leave enough time to get over the hill so I can get you out in the scull boat. :tu:tu

6. billbustercory

billbustercory Refuge Member

Great Pics!!! That would be AWESOME!! Congrats.

7. gimp

gimp Senior Refuge Member

I second the west coast thing. We lease a field in arkansas and shoot plenty of sprig but I've never seen anything like the west coast.

8. quackadikt

quackadikt Elite Refuge Member

You need to look at coastal Texas or Catahoula lake. Either of those places are thick with sprigs.

9. straightline

straightline Senior Refuge Member

NCBADGES has it right. As close to a sure thing as you can get but the only downfall is you will only shoot Pintails & Redheads with a stray bufflehead here and there. The curtain blind is an experience of it's own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Hopefully someone with a fan boat from Utah will offer you a swap. It's a great ride with plenty of pintails.