Black Friday

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Tomorrow is Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving. Hmmmm. Its frustrating as a Christian to see so many be thankful one day and then proceed to flood the stores the next day. How thankful were they really? Who were they thankful to? The god of materialism has infected our culture again and again. I say this out of my own frustration but I have to wonder "what does God think of this"?
    I am going to call it lust. Many will disagree I'm sure. The lust of the flesh, the pride of life and the boasting of what one has...... right? How do we as Christians live in a country like this? By remembering that this is not our home. Be thankful and remember why.

2. duckme

duckme Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for posting. I feel the same way. Mankind is always looking for something to feed the flesh . It's a natural thing but the only answer true answer is a personal relationship with Christ . Until being filled with the Holy Spirit the search goes on for the feeling of satisfaction. I find myself at times searching for something without realizing that I have neglected my time in worship and praise to the one I owe every thing to. Thanks for you dedication to this forum.

3. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Amen Brother David!