Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Bleach bottle decoys

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by dckhunter83, Jan 26, 2018.

1. dckhunter83

dckhunter83 Senior Refuge Member

Someplace I've seen pictures of bleach bottles turned into full body style decoys. The guy had them on a stake and had heads on them. If anyone knows where this is located or knows of anything similar could you please share. I've tried a search but am coming up blank

2. Les

Les New Member

Seen them used as headless floater,was
    no internet when they used them.

3. sleeping_dogs

sleeping_dogs Senior Refuge Member

I use to see milk jugs painted black as coots to fill in decoy spreads on Reelfoot Lake.

4. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Haven't seen that picture in a long time. Pretty sure he used Farm Form heads. Don't know if they are even in business anymore. Actually didn't look horrible when you put a mass of them out amongst your other decoys. If I recall correctly, he had a water setup and the shoreline area was covered in the bleach bottle decoys.

5. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

My question is how much cleaning and laundry do you need to do in order to build a spread of bleach bottle decoys? :scratch

6. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Don't know, but the guy had a lot.

7. rrstivers

rrstivers New Member

The guy bought a semi load of empty Clorox jugs. They were spit by at least two groups. They were cut so that the bottom 1/3 was not used. A hole was then either punched or drilled through the neck of the jug. A 1/8 rod was used with a rubber grommet on it then inserted half way through the neck another grommet attached then pushed through the top hole and another grommet attached. Rubber 1/8 vacuum hose was cut in 1/4 lengths for the grommets. I hunted over 800 hundred of them for several years.

8. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

And this came out more affordable buying the bottles and doing the work to create a decoy, than buying decoys on the market? Or was there not many snow goose decoys on the market at this point? Be curious to see the picture of that spread as well!

9. timber hunter

timber hunter Elite Refuge Member

Best years of the CO I ever had were early on over a drainage ditch full of white jugs with a few converted honker floaters mixed in, surrounded by a bunch of rags and silos with a few converted honker full bodies mixed in.
    If I could take todays knowledge back there I would kill 50 a day. If I could take todays spread it would be 100.

10. dckhunter83

dckhunter83 Senior Refuge Member

Hopefully someone more computer savvy than I am can find them pictures and post them on hear