Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Blind Bag help

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Rollin Sessoms, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Rollin Sessoms

Rollin Sessoms New Member

I was looking at the hardcore timber blind bag an thinking I would like it has anyone tried it or have any opinions on it? What is your favorite bag for walking in or taking on the kayak?

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I always go with a quality backpack. They can do everything a blind bag can do and more, far more useful. Being able to throw it over my shoulder OR wear it like a pack makes a backpack a hands down better choice. I had the Cabelas rucksack but it was a bit large for me, otherwise it was a great pack. Even used a cheap $20 fieldline from Walmart for a while and it worked great.

brentbullets likes this.
  3. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

If you're looking for a made in the USA product, search Harrell and sons on the book of face. Waxed canvas, handmade, real hardware.

4. HEUY

HEUY Senior Refuge Member

I agree with the Backpack. Makes it more of a multi use item. Something I have also done is put a contractors plastic bag inside my pack (have several packs) and it allows me to near totally waterproof my stuff from everything. Weighs less than an ounce.

5. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Love my Drake 2.0 large.

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

I use plastic box when boating in or needing a seat on walk-ins, and a German army surplus day pack for walk-ins where I'll not need a seat. Once heard one of my hunters ask his buddy if he'd noticed guides don't use blind bags, and while I doubt that's universally so, it seems the rule at our camp.