Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Blind Missing

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by senoiaslim, Apr 19, 2009.

1. senoiaslim

senoiaslim Senior Refuge Member

I went over to pick up our blind by the Bellefonta Power Plant yesterday and someone has taken it. Lock Stock and Barrel. I would guess that Is the same person who vandilized it last hunting season by ripping off the dog ramp and stealing 3 dozen decoys. Sad. If anyone has any info has to took the blind, please pm me.

2. gvilledux

gvilledux Refuge Member

ouch!!
    is it on public land?

3. Rick618

Rick618 Elite Refuge Member

If you waited this long to go pick up a blind someone might have thought that it was abandoned.

4. senoiaslim

senoiaslim Senior Refuge Member

If I left my car somewhere for 3 months would you steal that because you thought it was abandone? But if someone did take because of that, I won't ask questions if they return it to me in the next ten days. After that, I will consider it stolen.

5. Rick618

Rick618 Elite Refuge Member

What I do, did, or have done isn't an issue. 10 days? Now there's a time issue? Good luck with that.

Sounds like what you did is an issue, at least for someone. Did you happen to leave the blind on public or private property? If it was on TVA, then it wasn't stolen, it was removed, likely not by a TVA person but possibly. You leave anything sitting out like that, even a car for 90 days and it will be considered abandoned and removed.

Please, let us know how talking with the local police goes, maybe the TVA police? I'm sure they will be a big help.

Somehow, I doubt the person or persons that removed it read the forums, lots of fisherman and other hunters in the area that don't duck hunt. There's even a muskrat trapper that might be into scrap collecting. Check around the boat ramps, look for those 12" square traps, leave a card, he's a nice guy I'll bet he calls back.

Sounds like you just might want to just go ahead and start planning on a new one.

6. Alabama Woody

Alabama Woody Senior Refuge Member

Maybe with all the rain we've had it floated away. Have you looked downstream.:scratch

7. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Waterspouts suck.

8. FeathrSpreader

FeathrSpreader Senior Refuge Member

Now there is a shocker.. and it only took them what 3 months. Wow

Chances are either TVA or the weather got it. Although I won't rule out other possibilities.

There has only been a handful of Tornadoes and a "gravity wave" (whatever the crap that is) role through Jackson County over the past two weeks.

9. DUCKN8R

DUCKN8R Elite Refuge Member

if u have waited this long to get ur blind...well it deserves to be gone:fp

10. BlindDuck

BlindDuck Elite Refuge Member

Tonight I'm checking out the other state forums....this was the only post that loaded. My 2 cents......

That blows that your blind is missing.

i always live by the rule, if if isn't yours, don't touch it.