Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

blind stake crappy picks

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Duckshot69, Aug 7, 2007.

1. yuk

yuk Guest

Steve,
    I think there are 2 of you, cause the one I read and the one I talk to are saying 2 different things. I thought I heard you say, "Challenging ripirain landowner rights would be suicide", then I read you say, more or less, encourage people on here to do so. Is that a good idea or a bad one? You know this system better than I.

2. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

Yuk,

Quote from page 4

I gone back and read all my posts if for some unknown reason the wrong idea was misconstrued but didn't find it other than my quote above so anyway that's how I feel about it. Thanks for trying to save my *****. :yes

I have been envolved in these topics since 2004 and don't remember ever misleading the public of any attempt on riparian rights.

My Quote from page 6

Any infringement on riparian rights will be a death wish in General Assembly

What we have now other than SB 59 in 2005 was done in the mid '90's (pre-internet) not even a crystal ball. Who would have ever foreseen then how the landscape has changed on the water. Some have gotten creative and when abuses are realized then they need to be addressed no matter who they are as it was never the intent or spirit of the Blind Site Committee to create this as we were trying to fix abuses at that time. Speaking of abuses does the back in of Day's Cove ring a bell :sp

The system does not need an overhaul but if their is hunting opportunity and their, then develop it.

3. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

all I was sayin is it isnt there property if it is below the mean high tide mark. that is all and that is why the law should be changed. Just my 0.02 cents

4. Mayor of Seneca

Originally Posted by Labtales
    If MDWFA is going to change (or at least attempt) the landscape of waterfowl in Md, we have to have your input.

I used the word "landscape" on the other thread to describe the unforeseen waterfront development since 2000 when BS committee overhauled the regs. I'm concerned the use of "landscape" is out of context and mabe my fault so it seems others view the dialog here as the system needs an overhaul, it doesn't. I don't mean to lead others in the wrong direction as MDWFA has not commented we're going to change the "landscape" of waterfowl regs in Maryland. So we're all clear, I DO Not support an over haul or change the "landscape" Is there opportunity out there, yes, it is limited within what's on the books now but every single opportunity is a positive step.

So you know it took 8 years from the time we started for the upper Potomac regs to take affect in 2000. I grant you it was a long hard ride but it was worth it Even the Blind Site Committee spent 4 years from start to finsh on what we have now. It's not easy, extremely complicated, failure knock on the door several times but we managed to overcome it. So you get the idea this does not happen over night, IF there is enough support then plan for 2 - 4 years. The BS committee had it done in 3 years but in 1998 we got yelled at in the EM Committee so another year of re-drafting then succeeded in 1999. So this is why it a tight rope walk in the GA.

Don't get discourage by this poll, many Bills are born out interested parties to improve hunting ops. BS conmittee over hauled 70 years of waterfowl regs with stake holders from all regions without polls. The 400 yard reduction of off-shore zones we are done with regional representation without polls.

5. Mayor of Seneca

Luck of the draw

10-607 allows squatters to choose 2 sites

Its seems the common theme in certain counties groups share the sites with writhing each other written permission. This is a good thing squatters sharing their sites. This can change every year by the luck of the draw. Jeff will have to add ball park numbers of attendee's @ the Service Centers last week. Some stayed and others gave up and went home as not enough sites for all to share.

This idea has been thrown around the last few years and it's time due to decreasing public blind sites. The advantages and disadvanges of allowing just one site for the first go around then if addition sites are available then the lottery #'s will repeat until all available sites licensed.

This would bring more into the lottery to have at least one site. The groups might not end of with the same # of sites but if they don't draw good #'s the odds do increase on average of having a site(s).

How do you all feel about this ? +'s and -'s

6. Labtales

Labtales Elite Refuge Member

Last season it was tossed around that ther be two numbers pulled on the first day. Have different color slips so there won't be any shuffling of order twixt the two. that way we would get two sites as usual, and what would the chances be of grabbing both of the "1" slips?
    Another plan would be a single draw, then reverse the list allowing the worst pick to have the best in the second half.

7. BuzzTheDecoys

BuzzTheDecoys Elite Refuge Member

I'm for allowing any county with 50 or less sites to go to 1 site per pick or combining adjoining counties depending on the amount available. Utimately it will be that way in the future.

8. NOVAggie

NOVAggie Elite Refuge Member

assuming some sites are still available, what is the latest date you can purchase a blind stake?

9. cancan

cancan Elite Refuge Member

All sold out...:z

10. NOVAggie

NOVAggie Elite Refuge Member

ok, what I am wondering is if MD is like VA where you have a certain window to buy a license. I've been on the water and seen places open up b/c blinds get destroyed, but you cant go get a tag b/c it is past the sell date. Just curious if MD was the same.