Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Bluish clothing....

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Scotty, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

For those who hunt in white tyvek, or white suits- how do you get rid of the bluish tint in your hat, face mask and gloves?

2. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Wash clothes in non-UV enhancing detergent and put organic sunscreen on your face. (Organic sunscreen absorbs uv rays instead of reflecting them)

3. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

The white hoodies/jackets we use don't have any bluish tint. The tyvek coveralls I've used from Sherwin Williams paint store has no tint either.

4. kjl845

kjl845 Refuge Member

One way to check your whites is with a black light in a dark room. The blue tint some times does not show until you check it this way. I check anything white for UV before using it. Kilz primer gets rid of any tint also.

5. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

How do we know that a snow goose does not have a bluish tint to them? Have you put one under a black light to check? Hell, they may be attracted to the blue tint :yes

6. Scotty

We hunt in tyvek- but our hats look sort of bluish-
    We use tyvek decoys-

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Hmmmmm. the photos (especially at the bottom) are a bit suspect. The left photos appear to be taken with a high quality high mega pixel camera while the others appear to be taken underwater with $3 disposable camera.

Just poking a little fun. I honestly think it is a gimmick as we have shot birds without it for years..........now, I cannot say I have put a Uvision spread next to a Non Uvision spread (on same hilltop, on same day) and truly tested but can't get myself to buy 25 quarts at $85 per to paint 2,000 decoys. Not going to happen unless someone shows me visually decoying birds in a setup test side by side with the Uvision and Nonuvision spread.

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Oh, I was not saying I believe in the stuff. I have used it, bought a decoy kit when it first came out, used it on all my dekes. The paint is pretty good, holds well. However, I noticed no difference in how the birds worked.

I always thought the best application would be for snows. Years ago, right after this stuff came out, Avery was pushing a new 'secret' snow decoy they were testing. Word was, it was this UV thing, and new dekes would be coming out in the fall. Turns out, their testing could not justify the price increase the process would cost.

10. Scotty

To me- it looks like the silosocks look the closest to a real goose in UV light.