Boat blind access step

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by jangle, Oct 30, 2017.

1. jangle

jangle Refuge Member

Hey guys, looking for some ideas for a folding ladder/step to get in and out of my boat blind. I usual hunt in water that is just shallow enough to wade, so about belly to chest deep. I have been considering building a step or ladder that folds out of the,water for transport. I would love to see some pictures of what you guys have used. Thanks!

2. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Pods.

I used to use a milk crate tied off to the boat. Set it on the bottom and arrange it with your feet so it sits upside down...made a decent boost to get into boat.

3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

War Eagle Bubba Step is pretty handy and simple. You could replicate it fairly easily.

Ill try to get picks of mine or google it

4. deadeyedick

deadeyedick Senior Refuge Member

5. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

Several years ago, I bought a used boat and took it to the "manufacturer" for some upgrades. I am old
    and rolling over the gunnels was not particularly easy. The answer was a "Man Step" mounted (welded
    hinge) on the transom which when unlatched dropped down to water level (held in place by two chains).
    It was extremely useful, quick to access and out of the way.

Here is a photo of it folded up (out of the way) and latched to the top of the transom.

note: The reason there is a small square "cut out" was because of the handle on the transom.

[​IMG]

6. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I have a stick ladder that I use to get back in the boat when scuba diving. It hooks into the handle on the transom.

7. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Avery makes a hang over the gunnel ladder that can be taken on & off and put where ever you want it on boat. Picked one up myself to get in and out of my 2072 when in knee deep water. Tried it couple weeks ago and works good. Made of aluminum but narrow but typically all I need is that one step to get back in easily.

8. HuntNFishAddict

HuntNFishAddict Refuge Member

Why not just weld on a step? 20170912_182846.jpg

Something like this.

Fowler267 likes this.