Boat blind for a Lund

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by hoffmann35, Aug 5, 2012.

1. hoffmann35

hoffmann35 Refuge Member

Have a 1600 explorer with a side console that is in the front half of the boat where the gunnels start to curve towards the bow. Im stuck on a decent way to get around the console with a homemade blind using conduit. Any suggestions or pics available would be much appreciated.

2. merganser bill

merganser bill Elite Refuge Member

I have a Beavertail Blind on a 20 Alaskan not perfect but not bad and now they make a top for it like to see how it works.

3. bruce

bruce Elite Refuge Member

Refuge sponsor Hunter's Design Blinds make some nice Lund blinds.

4. hoffmann35

hoffmann35 Refuge Member

Both are pretty far over what i want to pay. Was however thinking of making a beavertail style blind.

5. IdahoMike

IdahoMike Senior Refuge Member

Mud Buddy Quick flip on my Lund Alaskan 1800 SC. Found it on CL & it had only been used one season & was like new. Picked it up for $250 & it works great on my Lund

6. Dbishop311

Dbishop311 Senior Refuge Member

Heres mine Beavertail 1800 on a 1600 series Lund Alaskan. It turned out great. I modified it to fit the curve of the front of the boat. The cross bars mount almost over the splash well and to the front storage deck. Dont have to step over them and not in the way. Much easier than my Quickset on my other boat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. IdahoMike

IdahoMike Senior Refuge Member

I love that Sport Track system on the Lunds. Sure makes mounting stuff a lot easier with out having to drill holes in your boat. :tu