Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

boat blind help

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by duckhead00, Jan 1, 2004.

1. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

hey i need some input from you all on a blind ideal.. i have a frame now on my 17 foot jon boat .. 1\2 squared tubing framed.. with canvas on it as backer and shadow grass material diecut on it.. dont like it and tired of rolling it up and down.. any ideals.. what about leaveing the canvas on it and tieing it down somehow and putting some fastgrass on it and touching it up and some sort of brush also.. help me out.

jason

2. grnhed

grnhed New Member

I have 1/2 inch aluminum tubing with aluminum sheeting over it, painted camo and brushed completely out shelves built in heaters built in and a place to cook breakfast. built a removable ladder for easy exit/entry and in the center i have a removable panel for a dog to get in and out. and duckhead no you dont get under my skin i just think its funny how you get very defensive of things when you do... bring it on yourself.:D

3. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

what do you think of just putting fast grass on it and brushing it with some brush?

4. grnhed

grnhed New Member

it really depends on where you want to hunt, you dont want it sticking out if you have fast grass on it and there is no grass around it would stick out even if you had some brush on it. brush would be the same way. i hunt timber holes and pockets and on the ohio river brush blends in perfect for me at the places i hunt. and if i have a place to hunt that it wont blend in with i take the boat somewhere and hide it and put on the waders.

5. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

mostly all the hunting will be done at rend lake.... and some at on the kaskaskia river near balwin.. i think you can paint the fastgrass to make it darker... i just like the look of it... so any other ideals.

6. grnhed

grnhed New Member

when i painted the aluminum on my boat i made 3 stencils out of thin cardboard on each stencil i made 3 different patterns and painted each stencil a different color i also overlapped then its a real good 3D effect this way. i also mainly hunt rend but the places i hunt the brush does best