Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

boat blind seating

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by jangle, May 10, 2018.

1. Rich Chamberlin

Rich Chamberlin Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Here are a couple mor e options. I make an offset arm swivel blind seat. The offset feature, in effect, adds space to your boat. If your current seats mount to and swivel on a 1 inch diameter shaft you could buy my seat base only and use your current seats. The complete seat is $300. I t's the last one you will have to buy for 40 years. Rich
    2017-05-01 16.37.29_clipped_rev_1_Easy-Resize.com (1)_Easy-Resize.com_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

2. Sorny

Sorny Senior Refuge Member

used metal folding chairs for years and they worked great. I now use a bench with a hinged top that holds all the decoys. The bench is the best, but it wouldn't be an option in a 48" bottom boat.

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

^^^ This but use the taller buckets. I bought mine from Cabelas.

warrenwaterfowler likes this.
  4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Been using one of these for years, they are easier on my back than a reg. bucket and theykeep your beers cold with a foam cooler inside.;):nutz
    [​IMG]

Fowler267 likes this.
  5. jangle

jangle Senior Refuge Member

thanks for the replies guys!

6. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My daughter's dove hunting bucket is made from two 5 gal buckets. I cut the bottom out of one, spread pipe cement in the uncut one, and slide the other down inside. It makes a 7 gal bucket that's a bit taller than a 5. Put a cushioned lid on top and wallah, simple cheap seat

7. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

My buddy fabbed me up a couple of four legged chair mounts which I have used in my boat for years. I lost one and have been using one of the tall Cabelas spinner buckets. I just pulled the trigger and bought two of the Rogers chairs pictured in the post above. I like that the height can be adjusted over a wide range (my current chair cannot be adjusted) and that the big foot pads allow this chair to be taken into the marsh. It sure seems to be a winning design!

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/rogers-tough-hunter-360-swivel-chair.html