Boat blind travel/storage cover

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by jangle, Oct 30, 2017.

1. jangle

jangle Refuge Member

I'm about to start making a fabric cover to go on my beavertail style boat blind for when I'm not using it. Any one got an pictures of one that they have made or bought? Thanks.

2. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Do you normally park it inside? I've found that when folded down, tucked in well, and three cinch straps on each side, it travels very well...

If I stored it outside, i might want a cover to protect from uv damage and the elements.

Doesn't beavertail make a blind cover made to work with your blind?

3. jangle

jangle Refuge Member

Thanks the reply, i have no problem trailering the blind with out the cover, but i do store the boat and blind out side, so i guess the main purpose is to keep the weather off the blind while its not in use. i can store the blind off the boat in a barn, but during season i like to keep it on the boat.

4. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

The BTs used to come with a vinyl cover for when the blind was stowed?

5. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

Im interested in a cover as well. My BT 1700 series came with a cover however when I grassed the blind the cover was too small. Mine is outside all season as well. I store it in the garage removed from the boat in the off season.

6. frankman

frankman Senior Refuge Member

Why couldnt a guy buy a replacement cover from BT and snap the buckles together to the one it came with then it would be twice as wide and fit over your grass camo, that’s what we’re gonna look into

7. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

I like your thinking.

8. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

The factory one is tan vinyl. Get vinyl or plastic or whatever is waterproof and wrap it around the stored blind. Secure with bungee straps