Boat floor covering.

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Kevin Burroughs, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Building a deck for a 1860 Grizzly. Deck is going to be roughly 6 by 9 following the contours of the boat. Looking for a deck covering that won't soak up water and get hot. Its all aluminum. The deck gets slicker than snot if not covered when you start flopping bleeding carp on it.

Vinyl, bedliner, carpet ?.

2. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

I'd go with a light colored bedliner (to keep the heat down), vinyl could still be a little slick, but if you could find the right surface it would be light and easy to clean. Carpet will suck up water like a sponge, it's hard to keep clean and bloody fish might make it stink, also if stored outside the UV will deteriorate the carpet pretty quickly!

3. duckme

duckme Elite Refuge Member

How about Line X or Rino

4. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

Buddy of mine put hydro turf in his boat. Pricey but it’s good.

5. murdock84

murdock84 Elite Refuge Member

Hydro Turf is the way to go. You can get it in a ton of colors. Similar material to hydro turf is usually in the foot well of a jet ski.

6. hatch

hatch New Member

X3 on the hydro turf. Third season on mine. Sheds water, no rips, tears and still glued like the day I put it on. It was the 3m peel and stick

7. shooter

shooter Elite Refuge Member

Kevin - you cannot beat hydro-turf. I've got it in both my boats and would not hesitate to do it in any boat I buy in the future. You know I am not easy on my gear, this stuff handles everything I throw and it and still works great. Outstanding temperature and sound insulation, non-slip surface no matter where you're at, it's tough. You can shop around and get it relatively cheap, I found the larger sheets make installation easier and you get it cheaper per foot. The stuff with adhesive already on it is more expensive, you don't need it. Decent surface prep and a gallon of contact cement is all you need.
    Shoot me a PM or give me a call if you have questions.

8. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

9. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Hydroturf x 10. Bedliner material is not good. Cold in winter and hot in summer and does not provide the cushion or traction that a softer liner like Hydroturf provides.

10. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

I'm also a fan of Hydroturf, its real nice in the summer on bear feet, check out the B stock, its a lot cheaper then the normal stuff and at least with all the sheets I've gotten in the past you cant tell the difference from the pricier stuff IMG_2517.JPG IMG_2519.jpg stuff