Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Boat Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Duck-Slayer, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

I saw a roughneck at the snake river comp with the console in the front... sweet looking set up... open hull with the console in the front and out of the way... this might be my next boat down the roat with a big Jet like SSS...

Pods are costly but after talking to 4 diffrent welder and having them cost them out I saved several hundred dollars buy getting the BT pods... Bryce is correct on setting them up.. you want them to be 1 to 1/2 tilted up in the rear... BT makes them that way and sends instructions to the welder to NOT make them FLUSH with the bottom of the boat... I wonder what effect Pods would have on water flow for a pump...? you should talk to the guy that owns BT he also is a JET boat builder and I have seen BT pods on Outboard Jet boats... also jump on the bowfishing forums and ask some of them that run a set up like yours... most bowfishing boats have pods do to the weigth of all the gear.... sure glad I have mine with all the wieght I have in the back of my boat... but my boat is a funny rig... it runs better with more weight in the back... makes it cramped to run for duck hunting do have every thing in the back of the boat...

Jake

2. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

like I said before my next boat will have the console up front, I think it distributes the weight better, since all your crap is in the back like your batteries, gastank, u, the steering console, just my thought, It seems i'm always back heavy with a full tank of gas, half the time I only put 10 gallons in, if that....
    D-S

3. Toothshucker1

Toothshucker1 Senior Refuge Member

The lowe 1655D that jake is referring to above is sweet but a bit small. Its too bad lowe doesn't make a larger version.

4. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, I saw one of those 1655D's at the boat show. It was a sweet boat, but I about crapped myself when I saw the price. They haven't been out long enough to see used ones on the market and I wouldn't buy a new duck boat, they just depreciate way too fast when you pull them off the lot.

5. reggart

reggart New Member

They are building those boat in my home town. I see brand new ones every day right out of the shop all painted and ready to go. I talked to one of their guys the other morning for a quite a while. I can only dream but those boats absolutely kick ***, I drool every morning. I am thoroughly impressed but I know I won't ever own one unless I win the lottery.