Bones Boat Co. has it's first boat underway!!!

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by davey, Sep 2, 2010.

1. cuncrt

cuncrt Elite Refuge Member

Wow! That's a mean looking hull! Looks great in the water. Gotta agree w painting the motor. Let's see some video

2. VAWaterDawg

VAWaterDawg Senior Refuge Member

:clap Congrats, I've been following this whole thing, and I think you've got a winner there!

3. davey

davey Senior Refuge Member

SS: Thanks Sam. I think we nailed it on the very first boat!! Very pleased.
    Cuncrt: Thanks. Yepp, I know...paint the motor..LOL
    Bri: We'll paint it on your 22'... hahaha! See you next month!

Ok, guys. Got her out in the sound. Still looking for the sweet spot with trim but she's in the 50's and you have to hold on. Hit some nice chop but nothing too crazy. Really looking forward to getting her out on a nasty day to really see how she does. I think it will be impressive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She turns on a dime. Very surprised with the handling!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to trim shop on Friday for blind and interior trim. Thanks a ton for stopping by!!!

4. Peta

Peta Elite Refuge Member

5. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

There is no reason a true boat builder shouldnt get the product right on the first try. With the technology available and some math work everything should be exactly how its planned out to be. I would be very skeptical on buying a boat that has to be redone due to flaws in the design and requires starting over. Great work on what looks to be a fantastic product.
    PS. no way I would paint that motor, thats what they make removable camo clad for.

Nice work from start to finish.

Now, a question. if a guy orders a boat how long to get one?

6. CarBiz

CarBiz Senior Refuge Member

Ive followed this thread from the start and have to say it has been one of the best Ive seen in a long time. Brings back memories from when I was in the marine industry.

Thanks for letting us all into your world. Not something that is easy to do when youre on the first build.

The boat turned out GREAT!

CB

7. davey

davey Senior Refuge Member

CB: Thanks much! I appreciate you taking the time to say that!!! You're right, you're kinda standing out there opening your project up for all kinds of input, possitive and negative. I'm very glad you've enjoyed!
    TH: You're correct on that. Bones is surrounded by the best in design and manufacturing but until she's in the water even those guys are anxious to see just how she sits!:pra Thanks Tony. oh, figure 3-4 months depending on backlog and CNC availibility. Maybe less but what's the saying, "under promise and over deliver." :)
    Peta: Thanks...:tu

Thanks again for all the comments, pm's and emails. Really appreciate you guys! Looking forward to some snotty weather to see how see does in chop with another 400-500lbs in the boat. Trim shop next week and more.

Also please keep those surveys coming... they've be great. Follow link below to complete yours!

http://www.bonesboats.com/build.html

8. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Not so sure about that comment, Not to get off track but I think there are a lot of solid boats out there that have had updates / remolds...correct? davey I have also watched it from teh tget go, like so many others I think you have a solid boat there !!! And BTW, you can see that the smile on your face aint coming off, nor should it...Be proud friend!

9. cuncrt

cuncrt Elite Refuge Member

very impressed at how much of the hull gets up and outta the water while on plane. i thought it would push water more like a barge. Nice work!

10. TheSwamper

TheSwamper Elite Refuge Member

That thing is a beast! However it does look like it get's up and goes! Nice to not see it plowing through the water. Looks like you got one heck of a hull on your hands man.:clap

PS.....Paint the motor.:dv