Bones Boat Co. has it's first boat underway!!!

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by davey, Sep 2, 2010.

1. duckstuff

duckstuff Senior Refuge Member

Davey, it was great talking to you on Saturday! What a top notch guy who has poured his heart and soul into building one fine rig.

Fellows, the pics do this boat no justice. If you have the opprotunity you need to see it in person! It is GIGANTIC!!!

Thanks for taking the time to chat Davey! I wish you the best!

Brian

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Ay pictures form this past weekend. :confused:

3. davey

davey Senior Refuge Member

DS: Thanks man! Really great meeting you too. Looking forward to sharing some hunts.
    WF: Thanks for asking, here's a few :)

New friends....

[​IMG]

This is my pup's sister, Star...

[​IMG]

Here's Jeff's sweet 25'. I was extremely impressed with all aspects of this boat. and of course the 22'!

[​IMG]

The show was very well done and I just wanted to thank Jeff Coates for inviting me down. Had a blast! Also wanted to say it was great meeting all the guides and visitors. Thanks for stopping by and seeing the boat!

4. davey

Hey all,

Just wanted to thank you guys for the visits on the boat. Been great meeting you. With the warmer weather approaching we're going to be figuring out the "Sea States" (or ST's) that the 22' can be operating in. That just basically means at what wind speed and wave height can you stay dry at a certain speed. Should have some great pics to follow. Start to finish the 22' took about a year to be ready to be manufactured for your use. We decided in the very beginning to use our money for research and development not the consumer. All that essentially means is knowing exactly what the vessel will do prior to sale not after. We are proud to say what took us less than a year to nail down has taken other companies almost 10. The next boat will be the
    18 foot "BonesSport" shown below. She will have the utility shelving extend down the entire length of the interior. She'll be done "BareBones" to keep the cost as economical as possible. Instead of the higher grade 5086 on the Bones 22 we'll be using mostly 5052 3/16" as well. She'll still have the canine platform, "Big Seas" bow and self bailing deck which no one has copied yet.;) Going with a less aggressive build package we see her being priced about $18,000. We are excited to be witnessing the "Bones" way of doing things being duplicated in the duck boat industry. To come in as a new company and have such an impact is very flattering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again to all the Bones fans. Been great getting to know you guys!
    We are also going to be maxxing the boat out with 6 guys, 1 dog and 100 gallons of fuel this weekend to see how she does as well. Should have those pics and stats up soon.

5. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Good to meet you Davey & thank you for making it to the Havre de Grace Show!

thanks,

jeff

6. squawcommander

squawcommander Senior Refuge Member

What are you figuring for max HP on the 18?

7. davey

Jeff: What a great job putting that together! Love to be there next year if open!
    SC: 150 is going to be around max. I think on the next one we are going to put on a 115 just to see what a smaller motor will do. In keeping with the affordability approach we want you to know what your boat will do if the 150 puts the package a little to high. Appreciate the post! Also, we see you out there banging up those squaws. We set up just north by the island!:tu

Also, please fill out a survey at www.bonesboats.com

Have a great holiday weekend!!!

8. tgs

tgs Senior Refuge Member

Any word on how this boat did during it's first season?

9. davey

Hey TGS!

Thanks for checking in. The boat exceeded all expectations of the new owner. But...what else would I say ;) ??? With his permission, Jarrod the new owner said I could post his email so any and all could shoot him some questions directly.

JMF@interstateadjust.com

I will also be posting some of his pictures from this past year shortly. Hope everyone has been doing well. :clap

10. davey

Hey all,

A friend is looking to move a boat of his on LI, NY.

His name is Jarrod and you can reach out to him directly.

Custom welded aluminum open water Sea Duck boat.
    Loadrite trailer.
    90HP Yamaha 40 hours on clock.
    18 foot. 7 ? beam. Modified V with pram bow. Custom Welded fuel tank and seating.
    $12K OBO.
    Must Sell. 516 238 3192 cell
    jmf@interstateadjust.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]