Bonuses to line employees and pay raises for line employees in too many companies to list.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Nancy Pelosi calls it "crumbs".

Oh...yeah...I forgot.

Thank-you Obama.

IMOO

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

@Bear; I have to ask... which part is IMO and which part is fact? Subject, opinion? Pelosi calling it crumbs, opinion? Thanks Obama, opinion? All of it opinion? Mostly concerned about the Pelosi calling it crumbs opinion.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  3. Greenhedges

Greenhedges Elite Refuge Member

4. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Are you saying that if I just put IMOO in my signature line I'm not covered for everything I say?

IMOO

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  5. stevena198301

No. I was being serious. Did Pelosi say that?

6. The_Duck_Master

7. stevena198301

Then why say IMO? Seems more factual than opinion. Then again, with someone as out of touch as Pelosi, a couple thousand bucks here and there probably is crumbs. That would mean a lot to some of the folks who aren’t in a higher tax bracket.

IMO, WalMart got the memo their employees weren’t happy, and used this tax cut to put them positive in the PR light. Folks have been complaining for years. They have been terrible to their employees for years. Win-win, IMO. I say good for them.

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Well...you asked so I'll tell you. I don't like to whine. Others are hurting far more than I am. However, that said, IMOO covers me per the rules from having to post links until my neck quits feeling like it's crunching and my hand freezes up in a half clench.

I read this stuff or see it on the TV and think y'all might be interested but just posting the title and a brief commentary is sometimes all I can do. I usually try to post a link with partial information from the link later.

Again...my apologies for the whine...but you asked.

9. The_Duck_Master

You realize Bear just says IMOO because he's full of **** and vinegar, right?

Yes, someone like Pelosi has been far from $1000 mattering for so long that they don't realize how they sound to the average Joe. Of course 1/2 the people don't realize that they have just been insulted by it.

10. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Yup. Pure PR stunt. Good for the workers no doubt but there’s other issues at hands on why this change came about. With unemployment as low it is they are having trouble hiring and retaining workers as well.

It would be nice if the companies offering one time bonuses actually paid or wage increases instead. I can’t remember what bank it was that was giving out bonuses but the bonuses accounted for like 5% of the actual windfall they would get from the tax plan. Of course more money is always nice but a pay raise would be be better in the long run.