Boom Boom Report Please-Nov 2018

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by jrchip1, Nov 10, 2018 at 5:24 PM.

1. jrchip1

jrchip1 Elite Refuge Member

Having to miss Opening Day, how did everyone do?

2. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Apparently they’re too busy cleaning ducks to reply.

3. DU4life

DU4life Senior Refuge Member

4. Gmack

Gmack Refuge Member

0 ducks for us on the down the Galliano side of PAC WMA

5. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

You missed it. Opening day was sweet. This morning a whole lot slower, but enough. Tomorrow...

6. Duck Enticer

Duck Enticer Elite Refuge Member

Opening weekend was really slow for us on public. Saturday was a sausage fest. Sunday the birds decoyed feet down, but were very few. Lots of texas hunters in Louisiana. The game wardens were checking one crew from texas and us at the same time. One of the game wardens asked a kid, hey, where is your license. The kid says "I have my texas license, but that's it". At the Oklahoma land race saturday morning one boat just comes to a dead stop in the middle of the canal. THE MIDDLE! Boats passing around him left and right.....I slow down to see whats up. Well, he has his phone out and is looking at something. The boat had texas tags....Gonna get someone killed.

On a positive note I did kill another banded mottled duck. Banded in Grand Chenier this year. That makes like 4 or 5 banded mottled's we have killed out of the 2016 and 2018 banding in Grand Chenier.

I'm happy to be hunting again. Nothing like focusing on what you love to do.

7. jrchip1

jrchip1 Elite Refuge Member

Saw several Hooded Mergansers, some coots and other "small" ducks in North Georgia/Clayton today on my afternoon nature hike. There are a few deer around also, but I don't have an out-of-state license, so I haven't tried to zero-in on their routines too much. Dey ain't stocking da trout streams now cause it's too cold (dang), so I'm ready to head back and greet some Pecan Island ducks.