Bourbon, Snakes, Wasps, and a Buck Naked Black Dude

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by bullpinnie, Oct 31, 2016.

1. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Spent the weekend in duck camp prepping blinds for the upcoming season. I worked a 15 hour day on Friday, and arrive in camp at 1 in the morning. 3 of my buddy's waited up for me, and we cracked a bottle of small batch bourbon, and proceeded to laugh and tell lies until about 2;45 when we polished off the bottle. I was a bit fuzzy when our "work day" began at 6 o'clock. We had a pretty good crew and headed out to a few of our leases. Typically, all of the blind were infested with red wasps, and rolling back each pit lids was an interesting event. of course there were a few snakes too........I am allergic to wasps, so am more afraid of them than snakes.

We have a lease near Humphrey. after brushing blinds and running chain saws in the woods for a few hours. we took about a 20 minute ride on the 4 wheelers admiring our work, drinking cold beer, and scouting potential new hunting areas. When we returned, my buddy's car had been rearranged and a pistol was missing from it. We called Humphrey police, and a sherif from Jefferson county was dispatched. We also called the farm hand, and asked if he had seen anything. He said that we had just seen a buck naked black dude wearing white tennis shoes walking down the "dirt road". (No kidding).

When the sherif showed up, He said that it was likely that the naked dude had smoke a cigarette soaked in formaldehyde, and was completely whacked out his mind.....evidently formaldehyde make you hot. There are 3 abandoned houses on the property, and I convinced the sheriff that it was his duty to search all of them.......it took some convincing. So Sherif goes back to his vehicle and grabs an assault rifle, sneaks around the houses, and eventually clears the buildings..... without finding the naked dude. He tells us if we see naked dude to either run or put a bullet in him ......because dudes get crazy aggressive when they smoke Chickums.

Anyhow.......it was good to be back in duck camp.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Hate your buddy lost his pistol...

Chickums? Never even heard of such. What happened to the good ol days of just drinking beer and smoking weed? Folks got no shame these days.

3. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Yeah,...... pistol was probably traded for some crack rocks.

4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Really? Back in the good old, old days it was just drinking beer.
    Young whiper snaper you is.

5. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

its called smoking "wet" makes folks crazy

6. stevena198301

It was a joke Gunner. Don't read too much into it.

7. stevena198301

Maybe they should change it to "smoking retard".

darkvibe likes this.
  8. rambored

rambored Refuge Member

I went to deer camp this weekend. Mostly spent time cleaning etc. for Youth Modern Gun. Saturday night after pleasant meal and sit around the campfire I was awakened by explosion(s) at 1 AM. It was trailer tires exploding! A newbie had taken the ashes from Friday's fire and dumped them in the woods before starting Saturday night's fire! That would be BONE DRY woods! The Curtiss Volunteer Fire Department was excellent! The next day the Forest Service and Curtiss was excellent on the blaze that restarted in all the wind! I didn't see and buck naked bucks walking around. I did see some people high steppin getting movables away from the conflagration!

9. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

IMG_1172.jpg

10. ArkieMan

ArkieMan Senior Refuge Member

What farmer you lease from? That's my old stomping grounds....