Bourbon!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Mar 8, 2019.

1. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Scotch has a great deal more variation than bourbon. There are some really good and smooth ones out there (I highly recommend BalBlair if you can find it) and there are some really harsh peaty smoky ones as well. I just don't like the peated ones, remind me of sipping a whisky someone out their cigarette out in.

Duck_Hunter_TX and widgeon like this.
  2. Duck Wrangler

Duck Wrangler Senior Refuge Member

My favorites
    Crown Black
    Knob Creek
    Wild Turkey 101
    Jefferson
    Buffalo Trace

3. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Live a little...

[​IMG]

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  4. Hawk

Hawk Elite Refuge Member

Lots of great options in your price point of $50-$60. Find a nice liquor store near you that buys private store picks by the barrel. A nice place will let you sample the private picks before you buy and those can be way better than the normal off the shelf stuff and depending on brand well within your price point.

5. Empty Skies

Empty Skies Elite Refuge Member

Distilleries are being built everywhere around here, I had no idea how popular it is. Also with the Bourbon Trail where they bus you to the distilleries for a tour & taste. Matter of fact we are working on a new one now called Six Mile Creek Distillery, will be distilling Patriot Brand. Once completed will be a real showplace for the tour where families can stay at the lodge.
    I'm not a drinker so sorry can't help out.

6. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Senior Refuge Member

Between the bourbon boom here in the US and in China, what I wouldn't give for a couple hundred acres of high grade white oak.

7. riceducker

riceducker Senior Refuge Member

Lately been drinking Eagle Rare and Evan Williams single barrel. Eagle Rare is always good. The Evan Williams is quite good for the price. It's well worth trying it.

8. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

For your introduction to good Scotch...............10yo Laphroaig. You won’t be sorry.

9. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Blanton's is a great bourbon, but hard to find in my area. In scotch, go for a single malt instead of a blended malt. The Macallan 12 is my favorite.

10. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Basil Hayden, Bulleit, Eagle Rare and Blanton's are all good.

We ran a DU bourbon, cigar and oyster night a few years ago and the Larceny blew people away. It was the hands down favorite from the Heaven Hill line up.

Scotch I'm a fan of the Laphroaig.

Go buy a bottle and enjoy it, at $50 it is hard to go wrong and the stuff don't go bad

WHUP ! Hen and buck_master_2001 like this.