Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Braidwood its time

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by meha king, Dec 12, 2017.

1. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Although things have been slow, and the dumb reports on DU 360. It is time .I have been busy but I was NS. today and have to work Saturday so I took a ride to see what was going on. In the early AM it was slow and thought I would not see much , but then it was like I was at a refuge. with 90 plus percent of every pond locked up ,even getting a lot of harbor ice with my first place to hunt.How can so many birds take flight and not run into each other. The D&G that are around are all hitting the place that we call Braidwood. like the title says ,its time

2. dvegas

dvegas Senior Refuge Member

Is English your second language?

auto5 likes this.
  3. RAININDUCKS

RAININDUCKS Refuge Member

Seriously! Why do people want to put more undo pressure on public hunting areas. This place has had one day above average all year and have only been over 60 birds 3 days all year. Has to be one of the worst years at this site. There have been ducks on the lake for weeks now but they are highly educated. Just like everywhere else they have been feeding at night and coming back at first light going straight to the refuge. Might be better today and maybe Thursday because of wind and a few new birds, however things will fall way off this weekend because we will have a south wind for three days straight. We are quickly running out of days to shoot ducks as I am sure it will be busy everywhere. But why? Anyway, Happy Hunting and Good Luck.

4. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

Been waiting to be IN on a Braidwood thread, sweet, I really did not think it was going to happen, now lets blame the clubs for the hunting pressure outside of the lake and the clubs can blame the lake hunting for the pressure on the lake. :sp

I forgot to blame the internets also. :eek:

DEADEYE and Jon C like this.
  5. Jon C

Jon C Elite Refuge Member

Not really a secret once everything freezes up that the place to be is around the tub. Posted on the internet or not... not sure if it's time but the time is near:dv

6. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Oh sorry dvegas (are school teacher) Im blue collar.And Rainin so what you are saying is that Braidwood is better on a North wind why don't you share some of the better blind numbers but it is just a public spot and to those that want to hunt it they will and to those that don't can just buy some property around it.there is never a shortage of boats there just like any other public spots .Weather we talk about it or not hunters will flock there just like the birds . And if you go once or every day of the season you don't own it and it is no secret so just show up and try to get on and have a good hunt. Its fun to see the ones who think they own it get so frustrated when they don't get a spot on a public place totally comical :nutz:tu

7. RAININDUCKS

RAININDUCKS Refuge Member

Meha King, my grammar is far from perfect but I have to agree with dvegas as you are in need of some serious grammar lessons. Yes, almost everyone at the draw knows any type of west wind is better. Blinds 2,24,18,17,16 and anywhere on the wall is good. Go to the draw on a west wind and there will be twice as many boats as any type of south or east wind. Most people that go there know the game. It is kind of funny though when you see someone grab the wrong color washer or stand at the board for a couple minutes. That is not the time to try and learn the lake. I never mentioned any thing about owning the place. I'm a regular out there and have made many new friends and always willing to help anyone out. I also know it's no secret and know all about public hunting. However, not one other public site is ever hardly ever mentioned on this forum. Wonder why? I wish they wouldn't posts kill sheets or tell people over the phone the kill totals. If you want to know try hunting. I heard a group of 3 guys killed there limit of specks a week or so ago. That would of been nice. Since it's public there were 47 boats for the draw Wednesday and they killed 64 ducks. Not good. I have said it before, if someone wants to drive an hour or two to maybe hunt my hats off to them. Hope this thread dies out quick. I'm done with it but no promises.

8. Lester Scaup

Lester Scaup Elite Refuge Member

I haven't hunted Braidwood in a few years and don't plan on hunting it in the future. Dale Bowman from the Sun-Times screwed that place up real good by posting numbers every week, because the staff at B'wood is very free with the kill sheet over the phone. Never agreed with that. Knowing duck hunters, I've found that almost all are tight lipped about their success or lack of success at their favorite hunting spots. When I see posts like this I'm pretty sure that they are made by people who never or seldom hunt these spots, but like to make it difficult for those that do. I just don't understand that.

9. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Rainin ooohhh nnooo you ddiiinnntt . I know everyone one knows how to hunt there BUT YOU Don’t PUT The BLIND NUMBERS a you may not have friends now . I just thought we needed a post so we got something to chat about. This like all blogs are just entertainment if you take it seriously I feel sad for you. The ones that get screwed are the newbies that ask for help and fall for the wrong advice

10. Troller

Troller Senior Refuge Member

Can't believe the amount of birds being shot there in the last couple of days. Mind boggling.