Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Braidwood scouting report

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Overthelimit, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my hunt! You asked me I didn't ask you, and I did what I had to do to hunt, but somebody wouldn't let us hunt! Then I come back to the ramp, and I see all those peta's at the HQ, protestin' me and spittin', callin' me duck killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about!

Obvious post padding, :p

2. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

If you're going to add some padding to a thread, that's the way to do it.

3. RAININDUCKS

RAININDUCKS Refuge Member

Be safe and legal. Heard the laws was out and about the other day. Wish they would get there when guys are launching boats. Several times this year we came way to close to some other boats because they fail to turn on there navigation lights. It sucks when it is just us adults in the boat but i have seen some guys with there younger kids this year. Myself included. If i see a boat without lights on when my 10 year old is with me i am probably going to set a bad example for him.

4. DUKHUNTR

DUKHUNTR Senior Refuge Member

Probably Matt. Their only interested in collecting money. Not real problems. Cost me $600 bucks a few years back when I was ticketed for transporting a loaded firearm in the boat when going out to pick up a cripple in blind 10. Guns have to be unloaded untill motor is turned off and boat stops. Does anyone do that?

5. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Absolutely!

:no:no

6. Spanky03

Spanky03 Elite Refuge Member

If we are talking about the same Matt, he's a good guy. I played football with him in school. He is a straight shooter, honest hard working guy. He don't care about money, he's been there for a long time so I don't think he's worried about job security.

7. RAININDUCKS

RAININDUCKS Refuge Member

Talked to him several times. Seems alright. Definitely a straight shooter no bull**** type person. Need to be with that kind of job. But yes 600 bucks is a bit much for that offense. That law is more of a safety thing I would think. Personally I think you a nuts for driving a boat with a loaded gun, way to many things can go wrong. It only takes a second to put a round in the chamber to shoot a cripple.

8. Jon C

Jon C Elite Refuge Member

Isn't it about time for this thread too heat up again:D
    I'm stuck at work new kid at home my season is probably over....come on show some pics help a brother out

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  9. Duckjunkie194

Duckjunkie194 Elite Refuge Member

I know one day last week there were 9 boats there, and 0 geese shot. Although the snow we got up north isnt enough to push them out just yet, there is more on the way tonight. The deep freeze may help you guys down there too. Someone post an update when you go. I might have to come down next week when Im off.

10. duckdown1

duckdown1 Elite Refuge Member

I know guys that hunted near there today.........................